Re: National Summit on Africa

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 12, 2000
      Luz (and anyone else who might be interested),

      Unfortunately, no inside scoop here. I don't have too many details about the summit, except that it sounds like it's going to be a big hoohaw. I'll be attending, since USAID will have a large display booth that I'll be helping to run. I'm sure you probably saw this on their website also (http://www.africasummit.org/), but would you be able to volunteer? Sounds like if you work only 6 hours, you'd get a free ride. Could be interesting. That's what I'd suggest. Good luck, and maybe I'll see you there!

      From: "Luz Huntington" <luzhunt@...>

      Christine,
      Do you have any insight or insider info on the National Summit of Africa
      that's happening in Feb? I am really interested in attending but the
      registration fee is pretty steep. Any details or endorsements you might be
      able to share (since you are in the thick of it in DC) would be appreciated.

      Thanks Luz
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2000
        I should have also added that us DC folks could find ways to house any of you beyond the Beltway types interested in attending.