(unknown)

  • kym walther
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 6, 2000
      Muli Bwanji nonse.

      I dont have email addresses for all the folks in the Boston area, so this is
      the best way to reach you all. Sorry for the extra mail to all the rest of
      you! Just wanted to let you all know about a mini-reunion we are having
      next week. For the last 3 years a few of us have gotten together each year
      on MLK weekend in a different city. This year Deb, Rand, otherWise and Kate
      Ryan are flying into Boston for the long weekend. If you are interested in
      getting together one of the nights, please email me. I'm dealing with the
      logistics of setting up activities for the weekend. Also, if you dont live
      in Bean Town, but want to come for the weekend, come on, the more the
      merrier!
      Hope to hear from you Bostonians!
      Hope you are all somehow well!
      Kym :)
      Best email to get me at is : kym.walther@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 16, 2000
        Rand,

        Could you perhaps say, Mwayankha womaliza?

        http://im.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 3, 2001
          Duh....Chatter works both ways...You are free to comment on the latest news
          stories coming from Malawi...Bus crash, etc.

          We miss your wit

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 5, 2001
            Asante sana

            -Meredith

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 5, 2005
              And I still recall a certain someone arriving for said staging in a rather un-Peace Corp-like vehicle...

              >>> kymwalther2002@... 7/5/05 3:10 PM >>>
              Hey all!

              Hard to believe it was 10 years ago TODAY that many of us began out adventure together at Staging in DC... It was July 5, 1995!!!

              How time flies!

              Hope you are all happy and healthy!
              Kym

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • Elizabeth Bell
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 6, 2005
                FLEE O.J.!!!
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 7, 2005
                  Ahhh, yes, the Peace Corps Limo!!!
                  How embarassing!

                  My first memory was finding out I was sharing a room with the "married folks".. and haveing been 1 month out of college thinking it was a bit strange, but thinking, roll with it... this is Peace corps!  Deb and Rand... little did we all know how many times we'd all (and many others) share the same roof...and/or mattress!
                  Fun memories!!!
                  Hope everyone is happy and healthy!
                  Hot-lanta is treating me well!!!
                  Kymu

                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 8, 2005
                    I have fond memories of having to come up with 97 safe envelopes, carrying
                    oodles of cash with me, trying to keep the hot water going (as well as
                    electricity) at the Zomba site, and well as that long haired guy with the
                    motorcycle in that village...I think he was a dietician or something....

                    Roopangi can tell you about how I cracked up the Malawians with my poorly
                    pronounced CHichewa.....

                    All in all the good memories keep rolling on....

                    Anyone hear frmo Mike Nolan?>????

                    PSD

                    PS: Love the Dever Slot Machine.....
                  • John Patten
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 8, 2005
                      Dude,

                      Speaking of the envelopes, the first thing you said to
                      me after I got past the Starsky and Hutch sunglasses
                      was, "Sign, slather, and seal." I don't know if I
                      somehow felt violated.

                      Showing up at a nunnery by motorcycle with a thin
                      Malawian in flood pants and a bicycle helmet lead
                      directly to our getting the door slammed in our face.
                      But our pleas to help our friend with amoebic
                      dysentary won the day.

                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 9, 2005
                        No slathering thre...must have been some party....

                        All you had to do was to sign and tie the string....maybe that got you
                        confused.....my 2.5 yr old daughter can do that, whereas I distinctly
                        remember having to give you visual instructions.....

                        Best of all I remember the St. Paddy's Day party in Dedza I think...that
                        hotel left a biyt to be desired, and the PC Vehicle was much more
                        comfortable, but the computer contractor who was there at the time swears
                        that he got malaria there....but also had asked me to pass along my
                        compliments to the person who provided the Mood Stick.......

                        PSD