Welcome!

  • Raymond R. Wise
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 18, 1999
      Welcome to the list, Scott Geibel, Deepa Ramesh, John Romweber, Rey Sampaga,
      Ken Shockley, Brian Stoessel, and Stephanie Tilghman! We didn't tell you
      this before, but you are now required to tell everybody what you are up to.
      See Paul Dever if you need some extra frip charts.

      Since we have so many new folks around, I'm going to re-run the announcement
      about the reunion. There has also been a great deal of info about airlines.
      I advise you to look back at the Ujeni archives (beginning on Feb 10th) if
      you need help with air travel. People on the list are still posting info
      about air deals as they learn of them.

      Our biggest chore right now is getting everyone informed about the reunion.
      I am working on a master list of people who need to be informed. Anyone who
      has a thorough or complete list of the people in their group, would you send
      it to me? So far, the announcement has only gone out via the Ujeni. This is
      the most efficient way for us to communicate, so encourage everyone to sign
      up. Within the next day or so, I'll send a mass email to people not on the
      Ujeni, and after that we should think about a phone tree or a postcard
      mailing to get people who don't have email. I will post a list of everyone
      we know who served in Malawi from '93 to '99 (Danny Smith volunteered to
      contact the 92-94 group), and will ask your help to fill in the blanks (Jen,
      Roopangi, could we get this info from Peace Corps?). Thanks in advance!
      PEACE CORPS MALAWI REUNION!!!!
      Sahara Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada
      Thursday, August 5 - Sunday, August 8, 1999

      HOTEL RESERVATIONS: Reservations Plus, Las Vegas
      $94.50 per person for all 3 nights based on double occupancy (It may
      help to decide who you're rooming with before you call so you can book
      together). Taxes are included. Single rooms are $189.
      All reservations must be made through the reservations dept. of
      Reservations Plus. Call 1-800-805-9528. Refer to the US PEACE CORPS
      REUNION when calling. A credit card to pre-pay reservation is due at the
      time of booking. Credit cards and checks will be accepted up until the
      cut-off date.
      ALL ROOMS MUST BE RESERVED BY MONDAY, JULY 5, 1999 or they will revert
      back to the regular rack rate.
      Individuals are responsible for all incidental charges incurred at the
      hotel (i.e. long distance phone calls, restaurant & bar charges,
      gambling losses, etc.). Hotel requires guests' credit card imprint upon
      arrival to guarantee payment of charges. Individual cancellations inside
      of 72 hours will result in a cancellation fee of one night's room and
      tax.
      Check in after 3pm August 5th; check out by 12 noon on August 8th.

      For questions regarding air or hotel, please contact Kristen Cheney at
      (831) 460-9374 or travelalot@ juno.com.
      Rand & Deb Wise
      2784 Mt. Olive Drive
      Decatur, GA 30033

      wiserd@...
      (404) 327-5765

      "Horse sense is the good judgment horses have that prevents
      them from betting on people."
    • Paul Dever
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 1999
        Reply to: RE>[ujeni] Welcome!
        Okay, I will start off!!

        I was born in Oklahoma back when the Church stopped its index (a list of
        books for which you could be excommunicated if you read them)

        Fast forward: y'all know about my Peace Corps experience in the best
        country to be a PCV: MAURITANIA

        And you pretty much know about my family Gigi and Whistle...

        we are now in Mali where I will finish out my life with Peace Corps. We
        are scheduled to leave in July 2000 (still room for places for the 2000 in
        Mali. Go to Timbuk2000 celebration and stay at our house for free.)

        Roopangi and Janell came out for a quick trip and passed the new year with
        us.

        All is well, and we are having a great time.

        Write when you can. And you guys who got postcards, confirm receipt or no
        reimbursements!!!!!!!!
      • Kristen E. Cheney
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 18, 1999
          Welcome All!

          There is also information for all airlines available through TravelMax, as well
          as discounts on particular airlines. They can advise you on up-to-the minute
          airfare, and it costs nothing more to book through them than to book with an
          airline direct.

          AIRLINE RESERVATIONS: TravelMax International
          We will get 17-25% off EVERY available itinerary on TWA flights. You
          MUST call TravelMax! If you call TWA direct, they will NOT quote you the
          discounted fares. TravelMax is a full-service agency; their agents can
          also book you for other airlines if you prefer. If you'd also like a
          rental car while in Vegas, they can reserve one for you.
          You may call any of the numbers below to check fare quotes and reserve a
          flight. Give them PIN# 1452089 and be sure to ask for the TWA discount.

          East Coast: 1-888-758-6299 (M-F 9am � 6pm EST, Sat morning)
          West Coast: 1-800-958-6299 (M-F 9am � 6pm PST, Sat morning)
          1-800-363-3374 (ditto) *Ask for Samina at ext. 4519
          The last number is probably the best for getting through right away.

          Happy Travels!
          Kristen

        • Raymond R. Wise

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 8 3:25 AM
              Everybody welcome Jason Booker to the Ujeni!
            • Paul Dever
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 8 6:15 AM
                Reply to: RE>[ujeni] Welcome!
                Welcome Jason Booker

                --------------------------------------
                Date: 3/8/99 13:49
                To: Custodian
                From: ujeni@onelist.com
                From: "Raymond R. Wise" <wiserd@...>

                Everybody welcome Jason Booker to the Ujeni!

                We have a new web site!
                http://www.onelist.com
                Onelist: The leading provider of free email community services

                [Message ID: -1291221525]
                [Internet header:]
                Date: Mon, 08 Mar 1999 06:25:20 -0500
                To: Ujeni@onelist.com