DC folks: Zanzibar rendevous

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 1999
      I find it shocking, shocking!, that we haven't descended on Zanzibar in quite a while (actually, I've never been there). Kwasa kwasa must be done! Saturday the 11th is the time. And it just so happens that this time corresponds neatly with my 30th (gasp!) birthday.

      Here's the plan. I'll make reservations for anyone who'd like to meet there for dinner before dancing. It sounds like there will be several groups there already so I'd need to act fast. Lemme know if you're interested by, say, Monday afternoon. I'm thinking about 7:30 or so.

      Otherwise, dancing starts at 9pm and there's a $10 cover. Hopefully those of us there before then won't have to pay that also. I've heard rumors that there will be a calypso band in addition to a DJ.

      Should be big fun. I'd love to see y'all there! And bring guests!

      Christine Chumbler
      Writer/Editor
      Africa Bureau Information Center
      1331 Pennsylvania Ave. Suite 1425