Buried under piles of snow...

  • William David Kernan
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 2, 1999
      9-2-98
      Hey all...

      Upstate NY in nothing like the warm, sandy beaches of Chintheche -- we
      have piles of snow here in the Hudson Valley and people are stockpiling,
      anticipating another downfall later tonight.

      I actually have time to e-mail b/c not much is going on at work right
      now. In return for a free ride to grad school (I'm study public health
      administration), I have agreed to do the thankless job of Resident
      Director for a freshman dorm...agh...

      It's actually not bad at all -- free school, good pay, great *free*
      apartment...anyway. I guess I just wanted to say that Bill is doing
      well, but missing Malawi each and every day. I'm currently figuring out
      how to accomplish Peace Corps' third mission...anyone have any ideas? I
      was so desperate to talk about my experience, I volunteered to speak
      with a group of 25 girl scouts...I soon discovered that most 14-year
      olds aren't quite ready to conceptualize a life beyond their next
      birthday...anyway, I at least had a good time showing them all my
      "stuff"

      Let's get this list going people! 100+ thanks to Rand & Deb for keeping
      us in contact.
      If anyone is considering Crisis Corps, let me know...I'd be happy to
      talk about my experience.

      Until next time, Peace,

      Chintheche Bill