for DC area folks only

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 9, 1999
      Everyone else, please excuse the interruption.

      So, I'm assuming y'all saw John's astonishing message about his upcoming fame and glory. I think it would be entirely appropriate to have a little gathering and watch this event en masse. I've checked and a local station does indeed carry Hollywood Squares; I just hope that it is indeed his episode that comes on Monday cuz I sure ain't watching for a week just in case.

      Anyway, if anyone would like to come over to my place next Monday 'round 7pm, we could order a pizza or two and sit around making fun of PCVs fallen from grace.

      I'm at 3342 18th St NW in Mt Pleasant (the corner of 18th and Monroe). Lemme know if you can make it so I know how much beer to get. (202) 483-4739

      Til then,

      *****

      Hey everyone, please pardon the intrusion for yet one
      more unabashed attempt to blow my own horn (steady
      Paul), but I just wanted to let everyone know I was on
      the Hollywood squares on Sat. and the show will air
      next Monday Nov.15th on CBS (7:30 pm here). I may have
      done less dignified things in my life, but at this
      juncture can't think of any. The publicist at the PC
      office here got a call, and she rooked 5 of us to go
      down and audition. I originally said no, but the
      student loan goons are about to come down and
      repossess my education, and I needed the money. I
      figured I could prostitute myself on the altar of a
      really lame game show and have an interesting life
      experience. It actually was fun in a reasonably
      terrifying way with all the flashing lights and
      cameras, and the "smile and clap" fluffers constantly
      on your case to do one or the other. Plus I did win my
      games (tic tac toe is not rocket science) and I won 3
      grand plus a ridiculous home theater system worth
      $8,600. Which is ironic because I want to work
      overseas and subscribe to the kill your television
      mindset (I don't watch crap like this!). I'll have to
      sell it just to pay the 4 grand in taxes (garth brooks
      had the Porshe square). But I consider myself lucky. I
      brought a bunch of pictures of all of us down, but I
      think they only used one. Whoopi Goldberg's
      hairdresser combed my hair, so if I look like a
      smilin, clapping, gunnar nelson hairdo wearin dork,
      please go easy. Eighteen years of education and all I
      get to say is "I agree" or "I disagree." PS- I still
      need a job. Love, JP.

      Christine Chumbler
      Writer/Editor
      Africa Bureau Information Center
      1331 Pennsylvania Ave. Suite 1425
      Washington DC 20004
      (202) 661-5827
      cchumble@...
    • Susan_Clasby@xxxxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 9, 1999
        Christine,

        Hey there!! That sounds like fun! I will be there, let me know if I can
        bring anything! I also sent this on to Mike, and Kathy, I hope you don't
        mind. See you next week!

        Sue

        "Christine Chumbler" <cchumble@...> on 11/09/99 09:32:05 AM

        Please respond to ujeni@onelist.com

        To: ujeni@onelist.com
        cc: mandy_briggs@..., lgltemp1@... (bcc: Susan
        Clasby/AMS/AMSINC)

        Subject: [ujeni] for DC area folks only

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 9, 1999
          Woohoo! That's you, Mandy and Lauren so far. That's quorum, that's a party. Thanks for forwarding the message. I had assumed they were on the ujeni. I guess you could bring chips if you felt so inclined. See ya soon!

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 9, 1999
            Reply to: RE>[ujeni] for DC area folks only
            Also if y'all in DC are so inclined, maybe we can get together when I am
            in DC for my exam. Currently, I am there from Friday evening 26 Nov thru
            the AM of 2 Dec. Any possibilities???