Re: Hollywood Squares

  • STEPHEN BERRY
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 8, 1999
      i knew all those practice sessions on Likoma would pay off.
      (you must have remembered how key the center square is to the whole
      game!)

      On Mon, 8 Nov 1999, John Patten wrote:

      > Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 12:22:13 -0800 (PST)
      > From: John Patten <jppatten98@...>
      > To: Malawi RPCVS <ujeni@onelist.com>
      > Subject: [ujeni] Hollywood Squares
      >
      > From: John Patten <jppatten98@...>
      >
      > Hey everyone, please pardon the intrusion for yet one
      > more unabashed attempt to blow my own horn (steady
      > Paul), but I just wanted to let everyone know I was on
      > the Hollywood squares on Sat. and the show will air
      > next Monday Nov.15th on CBS (7:30 pm here). I may have
      > done less dignified things in my life, but at this
      > juncture can't think of any. The publicist at the PC
      > office here got a call, and she rooked 5 of us to go
      > down and audition. I originally said no, but the
      > student loan goons are about to come down and
      > repossess my education, and I needed the money. I
      > figured I could prostitute myself on the altar of a
      > really lame game show and have an interesting life
      > experience. It actually was fun in a reasonably
      > terrifying way with all the flashing lights and
      > cameras, and the "smile and clap" fluffers constantly
      > on your case to do one or the other. Plus I did win my
      > games (tic tac toe is not rocket science) and I won 3
      > grand plus a ridiculous home theater system worth
      > $8,600. Which is ironic because I want to work
      > overseas and subscribe to the kill your television
      > mindset (I don't watch crap like this!). I'll have to
      > sell it just to pay the 4 grand in taxes (garth brooks
      > had the Porshe square). But I consider myself lucky. I
      > brought a bunch of pictures of all of us down, but I
      > think they only used one. Whoopi Goldberg's
      > hairdresser combed my hair, so if I look like a
      > smilin, clapping, gunnar nelson hairdo wearin dork,
      > please go easy. Eighteen years of education and all I
      > get to say is "I agree" or "I disagree." PS- I still
      > need a job. Love, JP.
      >

      > =====

    • Paul Dever
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 1999
        Reply to: RE>[ujeni] Hollywood Squares
        Tape it for me, ansd send it overseas. Cultural classics such as
        Hollywood Squares somehow do not make it on the Armed Forced Network
        program satellite we have here. Oh, dear.

        --------------------------------------
        Date: 11/8/99 9:25 PM
        To: Custodian
        From: ujeni@onelist.com

[...]