Re: really funny, by anyone's standards

  • Weber
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 1999
      Hi Melissa.......I am crushed! I can't get the "peeps". Tried clicking on
      from this meassage and am told it can't find the peeps. From Netscape I can
      get the plain learnlink etc. but see no way then to get on to the little
      marshnmallows from there. Is there a fatal flaw or I'm I doing something
      wrong? Please let me know; those little guys are part of my cultural
      heritage. Cathy

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 1999
        Sorry, it isn't peeps, it is just plain peep (sans s). I guess my typing
        fingers got ahead of me. It is very funny, especially the medical miracle
        highlight.
        Melissa
      • Paul Dever
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 1999
          Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] really funny, by anyone's standards
          To Weber Family: It has to do with the aging process...

          --------------------------------------

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 9, 1999
            Alright Paul.....are you ready to rescind that "Weber Family" remark and eat
            some crow???? How politically incorrect can one BE??? But then what can one
            expect from a young person....always jumping to wrong, pigheaded
            conclusions. We older people take our time and think before we speak.
            And what do you plan to do to make amends to us?? I'll let Don respond in
            his own fashion for being included. Your wise old friend, Cathy

            > Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] really funny, by anyone's standards
            >To Weber Family: It has to do with the aging process...
            >
            >--------------------------------------
            >Date: 11/9/99 1:02 AM
            >To: Custodian
            >From: ujeni@onelist.com
            >From: "Weber" <weber@...>
            >
            >Hi Melissa.......I am crushed! I can't get the "peeps". Tried clicking on
            >from this meassage and am told it can't find the peeps. From Netscape I
            >can
            >get the plain learnlink etc. but see no way then to get on to the little
            >marshnmallows from there. Is there a fatal flaw or I'm I doing something
            >wrong? Please let me know; those little guys are part of my cultural
            >heritage. Cathy

          • Weber
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 9, 1999
              Thanks Melissa for the correction. I hope everyone now will disregard
              Paul's comment about the effect of our aging. The fact that he was so
              WRONGHEADED should be reassuring to all of you who plan to reach our age.
              And....the site is fun; had no TROUBLE getting it with the corrected
              address! Poor peeps, what they had to go through in the name of science
              (?)!!! Cathy

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 1999
                Paul(as in appalled, which I am),
                Your reference to the "process" is unbecoming an employee of an agency
                of the U.S. Gov't whose mission is to promote peace & understanding in our
                world. My wife, always a cheerful sort, is no longer. Not only have you
                dissed her but caused her to make of public spectacle of herself in front of
                our "younger" and now former Peace Corps Pals. In conclusion I can say there
                no longer is peace and understanding in Snelling, Ca. (pop. 300). D.W.
                Weber
                > Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] really funny, by anyone's standards
                >To Weber Family: It has to do with the aging process...
                >
                >--------------------------------------
                >Date: 11/9/99 1:02 AM
                >To: Custodian
                >From: ujeni@onelist.com
                >From: "Weber" <weber@...>
                >
                >Hi Melissa.......I am crushed! I can't get the "peeps". Tried clicking on
                >from this meassage and am told it can't find the peeps. From Netscape I
                >can
                >get the plain learnlink etc. but see no way then to get on to the little
                >marshnmallows from there. Is there a fatal flaw or I'm I doing something
                >wrong? Please let me know; those little guys are part of my cultural
                >heritage. Cathy

              • Paul Dever
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 10, 1999
                  Reply to: really funny, by anyone's standards
                  I wil put you up in Bamako if you come visit. Maybe I will even take a
                  few days off, and take you to Timbuktou, or Dogon Country. THere are a
                  few people here worthy of parole watching, so Don could get a little work
                  done at the same time.

                • Paul Dever
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 10, 1999
                    Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] really funny, by anyone's standards
                    Oy vey!!!!!!!! I sit corrected here. I think it has to do with my bad
                    posture from sitting in the chair all day...
                  • Weber
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 10, 1999
                      Paul, We're not THAT upset that we'd travel from here to Timbuktou just to
                      allow you to atone though the invite sounds intriguing. Love, The Old Folks