really funny, by anyone's standards

  • spenc024@xx.xxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 1999
      11/08/99 05:08 PM ---------------------------

      To: Alpa P Patel/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Amy L Batchelder/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc,
      Frank/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Rodd L Casper/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Rose Ann
      Hiu/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Selwyn Daniel/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Susan M
      Dodge/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Suzanne S Spivey/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Sybil R
      Robb/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Valerie J Schaffer/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Van E
      Tanner/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, William D Kreft/Dept_CFM/mc/Duke@mc, Holly R.
      Martin/PCS/mc/Duke@mc, Dept_CFM-PA Class 2001
      cc:

      Subject: really funny, by anyone's standards

      Hope you all find this as funny as I did!!!
      The web address is
      www.learnlink.emory.edu/peeps

      It is in regards to medical miracles with Easter Marshmallow Peeps.
      Check it out.
      Melissa Spencer
    • Weber
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 8, 1999
        Hi Melissa.......I am crushed! I can't get the "peeps". Tried clicking on
        from this meassage and am told it can't find the peeps. From Netscape I can
        get the plain learnlink etc. but see no way then to get on to the little
        marshnmallows from there. Is there a fatal flaw or I'm I doing something
        wrong? Please let me know; those little guys are part of my cultural
        heritage. Cathy

        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 8, 1999
          Sorry, it isn't peeps, it is just plain peep (sans s). I guess my typing
          fingers got ahead of me. It is very funny, especially the medical miracle
          highlight.
          Melissa
        • Paul Dever
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 8, 1999
            Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] really funny, by anyone's standards
            To Weber Family: It has to do with the aging process...

            --------------------------------------

            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 9, 1999
              Alright Paul.....are you ready to rescind that "Weber Family" remark and eat
              some crow???? How politically incorrect can one BE??? But then what can one
              expect from a young person....always jumping to wrong, pigheaded
              conclusions. We older people take our time and think before we speak.
              And what do you plan to do to make amends to us?? I'll let Don respond in
              his own fashion for being included. Your wise old friend, Cathy

              > Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] really funny, by anyone's standards
              >To Weber Family: It has to do with the aging process...
              >
              >--------------------------------------
              >Date: 11/9/99 1:02 AM
              >To: Custodian
              >From: ujeni@onelist.com
              >From: "Weber" <weber@...>
              >
              >Hi Melissa.......I am crushed! I can't get the "peeps". Tried clicking on
              >from this meassage and am told it can't find the peeps. From Netscape I
              >can
              >get the plain learnlink etc. but see no way then to get on to the little
              >marshnmallows from there. Is there a fatal flaw or I'm I doing something
              >wrong? Please let me know; those little guys are part of my cultural
              >heritage. Cathy

            • Weber
              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 9, 1999
                Thanks Melissa for the correction. I hope everyone now will disregard
                Paul's comment about the effect of our aging. The fact that he was so
                WRONGHEADED should be reassuring to all of you who plan to reach our age.
                And....the site is fun; had no TROUBLE getting it with the corrected
                address! Poor peeps, what they had to go through in the name of science
                (?)!!! Cathy

                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 9, 1999
                  Paul(as in appalled, which I am),
                  Your reference to the "process" is unbecoming an employee of an agency
                  of the U.S. Gov't whose mission is to promote peace & understanding in our
                  world. My wife, always a cheerful sort, is no longer. Not only have you
                  dissed her but caused her to make of public spectacle of herself in front of
                  our "younger" and now former Peace Corps Pals. In conclusion I can say there
                  no longer is peace and understanding in Snelling, Ca. (pop. 300). D.W.
                  Weber
                  > Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] really funny, by anyone's standards
                  >To Weber Family: It has to do with the aging process...
                  >
                  >--------------------------------------
                  >Date: 11/9/99 1:02 AM
                  >To: Custodian
                  >From: ujeni@onelist.com
                  >From: "Weber" <weber@...>
                  >
                  >Hi Melissa.......I am crushed! I can't get the "peeps". Tried clicking on
                  >from this meassage and am told it can't find the peeps. From Netscape I
                  >can
                  >get the plain learnlink etc. but see no way then to get on to the little
                  >marshnmallows from there. Is there a fatal flaw or I'm I doing something
                  >wrong? Please let me know; those little guys are part of my cultural
                  >heritage. Cathy

                • Paul Dever
                  Message 8 of 10 , Nov 10, 1999
                    Reply to: really funny, by anyone's standards
                    I wil put you up in Bamako if you come visit. Maybe I will even take a
                    few days off, and take you to Timbuktou, or Dogon Country. THere are a
                    few people here worthy of parole watching, so Don could get a little work
                    done at the same time.

                  • Paul Dever
                    Message 9 of 10 , Nov 10, 1999
                      Reply to: RE>>[ujeni] really funny, by anyone's standards
                      Oy vey!!!!!!!! I sit corrected here. I think it has to do with my bad
                      posture from sitting in the chair all day...
                    • Weber
                      Message 10 of 10 , Nov 10, 1999
                        Paul, We're not THAT upset that we'd travel from here to Timbuktou just to
                        allow you to atone though the invite sounds intriguing. Love, The Old Folks