  • kristi henderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 1999
      A colleaugue of mine is reading a Hemingway book, and has found Swahili to be
      used quite frequently. Usually the Swahili is translated - with one
      exception, the word piga. Anyone have any idea of the meaning of this word?

      Hope all is well with everyone. It's been a struggle here in our little
      backwoods school - we lost one of our 8th grade students last week. I had him
      in class as both a 7th and 8th grader - very difficult.

      oh, yeah...glad I'm not in an earthquake zone...sounds like it could be a
      little...revealing, maybe?

      Kristi Henderson