  • Peter Bertling
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 1999
      Hey, someone had sent out a piece about a new way to send money home from
      overseas. I deleted it from my account, but today had another teacher
      asking about that very thing. Go figure. If someone would send that to
      me, I'd be much appreciative.

      On my side, things here go well. We haven't had any real fallout from the
      aftershocks or the main earthquake, other than to try and raise money and
      goods for the families. School progresses well and the kids are actually
      behaving well so far. Of course, the new admin has given them everything
      their hearts desire and then some, so why shouldn't they be happy. I'm
      just waiting for the shit to hit the fan and see how this new admin handles
      it. I take an evil delight in the thought, actually.
      The weather is warm but comfy, and I'm off to the far Near East this
      weekend. I'll think of you all (or at least as many as I know) as I'm
      sitting on the top of Nemrut watching the sun rise. Peace.

      Pete