Re: Peace Corps cuts

  • emma spenner
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 1999
      Thanks Rand, for the update on the fate of Peace Corps and other
      International Development funds. Just today on NPR there was a huge dialoge
      regarding "Generation Xers" lack of involvement in national politics.
      Issues such as international development, environment, education and health
      care seem to be a high priority for those in the loosely defined Generation
      X category (born between 1965 - 1978, apparently). However, our lack of
      involvement and even (gasp) apathy towards politics on a national scale,
      really is reflected in Washington decisions. Those that are making the
      decisions are more concerned with lining their own proverbial pockets rather
      than investing in future generations. In short, good advice, we really
      should get involved. I will call tomorrow to tell my representative that we
      do not want these funds cut. (Perhaps I should register to vote,
      too......just kidding)
      - Emma