Malawi's School System

  • Kristen E. Cheney
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2 7:14 PM
      Thanks to Christine for the article on the rapidly declining quality of
      Malawian schools. In light of the promise of free primary school
      education, the article reinforced my feelings that people in the
      education sector of Peace Corps could've made a greater impact by doing
      primary school teacher training, rather than just teaching in secondary
      schools. Of course, a decent salary for teachers might also help...

      Kristen
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3 6:03 AM
        But according to some of the sources in the article, the decline in education is all the fault of the students! Now, I wasn't a teacher, but something seems a bit off about that...

        From: "Kristen E. Cheney" <kcheney@...>

        Thanks to Christine for the article on the rapidly declining quality of
        Malawian schools. In light of the promise of free primary school
        education, the article reinforced my feelings that people in the
        education sector of Peace Corps could've made a greater impact by doing
        primary school teacher training, rather than just teaching in secondary
        schools. Of course, a decent salary for teachers might also help...

        Kristen

        GET WHAT YOU DESERVE! A NextCard Platinum VISA: DOUBLE Rewards points,
        NO annual fee & rates as low as 9.9 percent FIXED APR.
        Apply online today! http://www.onelist.com/ad/nextcard1

      • Kristen E. Cheney
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 3 10:27 AM
          And, of course, we must always blame parents...They can't seem to do anything right. It's starting to sound like a globally thankless job, parenting is, unfortunately...

          KC