Sorry folks, I just cannot resist.

  • Vyrle Owens
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 10, 1999

      To the ujeni subscribers,

      I really appreciate the information coming through. Please be kind enough
      to receive the following.

      "SERVING OTHERS: The Art of Connection"

      FIXING: A relationship of judgement and expertise.

      HELPING: Helping is a relationship of power, not between equals. The
      strong person helps the weak person. Helping carries along a debt.

      SERVING:

      Service is not a technique or skill.

      Service is a relationship between human beings.

      Serving life is not fixing it, controlling it, or mastering it.

      One serves with one's wholeness, even one's limitations.

      As a wounded healer, our own loneliness and pain can help us connect with
      others.

      Service is a relationship between equals, a relationship of connection.

      Service is closer to love than expertise.

      When you serve the life aound you, you strengthen the life within you."

      (Rachel Naomi Remen, M. D., 1998)

      Y'all stay well and be good,

      Vyrle