Peace Corps petition

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 10, 2008
      forwarded message below:

      From: <advocacy@...>
      Date: Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 3:48 AM
      Subject: Show support for President-elect Obama and his Peace Corps pledges

      (Apologies to those who have already received this message.)

      The election of Barack Obama opens a door of opportunity to elevate the possibilities and the promise of the Peace Corps.

      That opportunity begins with you and begins right now.

      The National Peace Corps Association's MorePeaceCorps Campaign has launched an on-line petition to President-Elect Obama. We need to collect thousands of signatures and comments for delivery to the transition team, to show public support for Obama's campaign trail pledges about Peace Corps.
      • Follow this link to sign our on-line petition. Add your name and write a brief comment, such as why the Peace Corps is important, why your service made a difference, or (if applicable) why you want to join the Peace Corps!
      • Get at least ten other people you know to sign the petition! This petition is not limited to RPCVs or former Peace Corps staff. Anyone who believes in the spirit and mission of the Peace Corps (family members, friends, colleagues, people you know overseas) can sign.

      Thank you for your support of Peace Corps and for sharing your stories.

      Jonathan Pearson ( Micronesia 87 - 89)
      Advocacy Coordinator
      National Peace Corps Association

      p.s. Show your ongoing support for these and other efforts with your membership in our Peace Corps community. Join or renew your membership in NPCA and any of our 140 member groups online today!

      Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live Click here