RE: [ujeni] good news from Malawi

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 23, 2008
      It hadn't grown much when I was there in February.  I think Zomba west just refers to the rural outskirts. Or, gasp, the reporter could be misinformed.

      To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
      From: luzhunt@...
      Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 23:13:10 +0000
      Subject: RE: [ujeni] good news from Malawi

      This article just reminds me how long it's been since I was in Malawi. I lived in Zomba and never remember any area referred to as "Zomba West"...guessing it's grown alot since I was last there....

      Luz

      To: ujeni@yahoogroups. com
      From: wartpiggy@hotmail. com
      Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:33:56 -0400
      Subject: [ujeni] good news from Malawi

      Fish farming in Malawi's dustbowl

      By James Morgan
      Environment reporter, BBC News

      Fish pond at Zomba West
      Fish farmed in these ponds help keep the children of Zomba West healthy

    • vyrle@onlinemac.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 26, 2008

        I checked google maps images. I think the Zomba West area must be the
        area west of the highway which runs from Zomba to Blantyre. Perhaps as
        far as the shire river although that seems quite far. Or maybe it is the
        area just south of the Zomba plateau west of the highway.

        Too bad this area is not important enough to get highly detailed images.

        Vyrle