RE: [ujeni] FW: Hello fellow RPCVs....check this out.......FW: RPCVs For Barack Obama

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 4, 2008
      I am holding out for RPCVs for Eldridge Cleaver

      or

      RPCVs for Alfred E. Neuman...

      To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
      From: papadud@...
      Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 19:17:11 -0600
      Subject: [ujeni] FW: Hello fellow RPCVs....check this out.......FW: RPCVs For Barack Obama

      Got this from the guy that was our country desk officer while my group was in Malawi.  His daughter was a student at my school, small world.

      Dan

      Subject: RPCVs For Barack Obama
      Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 17:54:46 -0400
      From: jpcoyne@cnr. edu

      This comes from Tom Leonard (Fiji 1980-82), who taught at the Fiji Institute of Technology in Suva. He then worked in the marketing groups at Netscape, AOL, and Netflix and now works as an internet marketing consultant. His company, LEFT Marketing (www.leftmarketing. com) specializes in database marketing, search, affiliate marketing, and eDM projects. The most recent focus has been working in the growing fields of political and video internet marketing.

      He dropped me this note today..

      “I am launching a web site supporting Barack Obama which you can see at www.rpcvsforobama. com.  This is my own project and I have no direct connection with the Obama campaign.  I was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Fiji in the early 1980’s.

      I feel strongly that when he is elected President, the image of America and Americans will change for the better around the world – and that will be a good thing for the Peace Corps.  I also think that there is a tremendous amount of support for him in the Peace Corps/RPCV community.  I am glad I don’t have to promote an RPCVsForMcCain. com site.

      As the internet has become an important tool for the political campaigns this year, I wanted to establish a site with three goals:

      ·      a huge goal of reaching 10,000 RPCV’s and generating 100,000 votes for Obama

      ·      provide the ability for members to register and provide information on their background which will lead to social interaction

      ·      provide a forum for RPCV’s to give input on how the Peace Corps should be run in the upcoming Obama administration

      To reach out to 10,000 RPCV’s I need everyone’s help.  I invite you to come to the site and register.  Provide information about yourself and your Peace Corps experience to make connections with other people who share similar ideas on how this country should be run. Then tell your friends and acquaintances about the site.

      We also ask that each member pledge to gather at least 10 other votes for Barack in November.  If our group can generate over 100,000 votes, we actually can make a difference. Just include the number of votes you can get in your profile and we will add them up.

      My background is in internet marketing and not politics.  But as the Obama campaign is proving, the internet can be a very powerful political force.

      I look forward to your support and appreciate your help in putting Barack Obama in the White House in January!  You can reach me at tom@rpcvsforobama. com with any questions, comments, or ideas.

      Thanks for your time.

      --Tom

      Tom Leonard

      RPCVsForObama

      www.rpcvsforobama. com

      This message (including any attachments) contains information intended for a specific individual and purpose and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this message and be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

      Your PC, mobile phone, and online services work together like never before. See how Windows® fits your life
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 15, 2008
        Greetings all.

        Paula has joined troop 39 in Manila, and they are looking for a "sister troop" that they can link with and work on their "international" petal...

        Are any of your daughters in a Daisy troop?

        Thank you.

        Paul

      • rsampaga@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 15, 2008
          Paul
          We have a Daisy/Brownie Troop at my school. I teach Kindergarten in Albuquerque New Mexico. Would you like for me to share your email with them?
          Robin Sampaga

          From: Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...>

          > Greetings all.
          >
          > Paula has joined troop 39 in Manila, and they are looking for a "sister troop"
          > that they can link with and work on their "international" petal...
          >
          > Are any of your daughters in a Daisy troop?
          >
          > Thank you.
          >
          > Paul
          > Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live.
          > http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F68
          > 1DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008
        • Elizabeth Bell
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 16, 2008
            Re: [ujeni] Daisy troop to link up with Daisy troop #39 in Manila Paul, if you are going to post a request like this you gotta attach at least one snap of Paula in her Daisy uniform.  It’s the law.

            On 9/15/08 10:12 PM, "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...> wrote:

            Greetings all.

            Paula has joined troop 39 in Manila, and they are looking for a "sister troop" that they can link with and work on their "international" petal...

            Are any of your daughters in a Daisy troop?

            Thank you.

            Paul

            Get more out of the Web. Learn 10 hidden secrets of Windows Live. Learn Now <http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_getmore_092008>

          • Elizabeth Bell
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 16, 2008
              Snail Mail addresses Does anyone have current snail mail addresses for Miranda Wright and/or Melissa Spencer-Winker?

              Thanks,
              Liz Bell
              Formerly of Ntcheu Boma
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 16, 2008
                the first meeting is today, and they get their smocks and she will learn the Daisy oath...Only four lines, but that's alot for a kid,.....

                To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 17, 2008
                  Re: [ujeni] Daisy troop to link up with Daisy troop #39 in Manila Her swearing in!

                  To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
                  From: elizabeth_bell@...
                  Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 07:14:54 -0400

                  Stay up to date on your PC, the Web, and your mobile phone with Windows Live. See Now <http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/msnnkwxp1020093185mrt/direct/01/>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 17, 2008
                    Alcohol free though.

                    To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
                    From: elizabeth_bell@...
                    Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 07:00:51 -0400

                    Her swearing in!

                    To: ujeni@yahoogroups. com

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 17, 2008
                      Paul
                      I forwarded the info to a first grade brownie troop...a very responsible leader who is excited for this activity.
                      Robin
                      From: Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...>