Re: [ujeni] Strange glowing orb in the sky

  • Don Weber
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 20, 2008
      Greetings Matt,

      I was gone at this time in June...in Arizona with a granddaughter from Merced and our daughter who lives in Phoenix.  I'm cleaning up email and find that there were emails I missed.

      We had 3 under 4 (3 yrs. 8 months apart 1st to 3rd).  I'm trying to remember.  I used to walk them about 1/2 mile to the grocery store and back.  We only had one car at the time and Don usually took it to work.  How did I do that????  I must have used the stroller with a baby seat in it for Mike when he was too small to sit in it,and then there was a seat in back facing me and I think I had a harness and leash for Ted, the oldest, so he couldn't run out into the street.  I KNOW I couldn't have carried them both, though we did have one of the first Gerry carriers.  Hey, those harnesses may look strange, like you're walking your dog, but they are great!  Have no idea how I got the groceries home.

      Congratulations in advance and may this new McNulty be as wonderful as the first 2.  We'll look for pictures.  We're expecting a new granddaughter the end of august...our first in 12 years.  Can I send pictures too?

      Love to your whole growing family,

      Cathy

      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 28, 2008
        My friend,
        We see that here in NM a lot. There is also a gentle humming in the
        air from Taos. Apparently the earth geomagnetic lines intersect at a
        congruity close to Taos that channels positive energy to anyone
        living nearby. Explains the presence of Shirley MacLaine in Sante Fe
        but I digress. Why couldn't she live in Sedona closer to Dudders,
        but again I digress.
        My friend, please add "Writing" to your calling. Your descriptive
        email truly was a joy to behold in its reading. Your joy in being a
        father completely shows through and I had not a little laugh at your
        dilemma of going shopping with three little ones. My recommendation,
        and the picture that came to mind: BIG LONG CHITENJE. Bundle two in
        front one to each teat if you will, one in back, frees up both hands
        to hold bags, or to be able to feed the baby, or to pat the children,
        and off you go........
        Congratulations to you and the Missus on the new wee one in Sept. and
        please use SPF 100 or more. Your children, like us, want you both
        around for a long long time for the company and at least more of your
        delightful writing.........Ta-ra.
        R&R

        --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, Matthew McNulty <mcnurty@...> wrote:

        > and how it burns when you allow its rays to touch your skin.
        >
        > Summer has finally FINALLY arrived in Seattle.  Don't get me wrong,
        I hate the heat (could reach the high 70s today), and the girls are
        up with the sun (ahhhh 0620 on a day off, I love you so) but the mood
        of not only my house hold but also the city did a 180 two days ago
        when it was finally beautiful outside.
        > Saoirse and Mia are perfect.  Mia runs through the house wearing a
        tutu singing "Happy Day to You" which sounds a lot like Happy
        Birthday, or twinkle twinkle little star.  Saoirse vaselates between
        wearing a long purple gown given to her by goodwill to a Laoise
        Jersey that hew uncle Anthony sent her.  Both are a joy a hand full,
        as caring as they could possibly be, loving and fighting each other
        at every turn.
        > Margaret has been thankful for the cool spring summer.  She has
        been showing for awhile now, but she is really starting to get big.
        We are due in September.  Some say early some say late.  Depends if
        you use a "wheel," when the last day of your last menstrual cycle
        was, the size of the child in ultrasound... or which member of the
        coven of witches you speak with.
        > I am still doing the nursing thing at the University of Washington
        Medical Center.  I wear many different capes ("hats" is the
        appropriate article of clothing, but I like to think of myself as a
        super hero...therefore a  cape...unless I was Robinhood)  I am a
        staff nurse on a 30 bed Medical/Tele floor, I work as the transport
        RN for the hospital three days a month, and now they have me in
        charge of said med/tele floor at least one a week.  Charge SUCKS, I
        hate all of the small town politics and get really tired of
        witnessing just how inept some of the "professionals" I work with are.
        > Right now either Margaret or I are always home with the girls.  I
        work three days a week, we overlap on Tuesdays and then Margaret
        works 4 days a week.  I look forward to a last paternity leave.  I
        will take 6 weeks or so come the new year.
        > I still cannot figure out how I am going to walk up to the shops
        with three kids under the age of 4.  Strap on to my chest, one to my
        back, and have Saoirse walk with me...  we shall see.
        > Well Met Luz, good to hear from you.
        >
        > Much love old friend,
        > The McNulty 5
        > Your silence will not protect you, they will see you through your
        silence.

      • Elizabeth Bell
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 29, 2008
          Re: [ujeni] Re: Strange glowing orb in the sky I sooo agree with the Rs.  I love hearing the descriptions of life at the McNulty's.

          And as a mom of 3 under 4 (and for a very looong 6 months 3 under 3!) I recommend a Baby Bjorn and a double stroller, just be sure to check the stroller before you get to the check out line, you will undoubtedly find the oddest combination of nonessential merchandise skillfully “acquire” as you shopped.  The low hanging fruit so to speak.

          Here in Georgia that glowing orb is a fiery disc that seemingly takes up the entire sky 20 hours  a day causing heat induced hallucinations and mirages all year round soooo.....we are fleeing(Flee OJ! But now I digress) to South Africa to the advantage of it’s temperate year round climate among other things (Capetown!  Live kwasa kwasa!  Good cheap wine!  Ostrich biltong!).

          We move the whole kit ‘n caboodle (always wanted to write that) - husband, 3 kids and of course the long suffering dog - in September.  Look us up in Pretoria if anyone is that way, you’ve always got a bed if you can stand the noise.

          My new email address is belle@..., but this comcast one will still be in use for another 6 weeks or so.

          Happy trails,
          Liz

          P.S   I am bequeathing my Power’s No 1 cache to Messrs Deb and Rand Wise to be used only on special RPCV/Malawi occasions such as weddings, births and Saturday nights.

          --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com <mailto:ujeni%40yahoogroups.com> , Matthew McNulty <mcnurty@...> wrote:

          > and how it burns when you allow its rays to touch your skin.
          >
          > Summer has finally FINALLY arrived in Seattle.  Don't get me wrong,
          I hate the heat (could reach the high 70s today), and the girls are
          up with the sun (ahhhh 0620 on a day off, I love you so) but the mood
          of not only my house hold but also the city did a 180 two days ago
          when it was finally beautiful outside.
          > Saoirse and Mia are perfect.  Mia runs through the house wearing a
          tutu singing "Happy Day to You" which sounds a lot like Happy
          Birthday, or twinkle twinkle little star.  Saoirse vaselates between
          wearing a long purple gown given to her by goodwill to a Laoise
          Jersey that hew uncle Anthony sent her.  Both are a joy a hand full,
          as caring as they could possibly be, loving and fighting each other
          at every turn.
          > Margaret has been thankful for the cool spring summer.  She has
          been showing for awhile now, but she is really starting to get big.
          We are due in September.  Some say early some say late.  Depends if
          you use a "wheel," when the last day of your last menstrual cycle
          was, the size of the child in ultrasound... or which member of the
          coven of witches you speak with.
          > I am still doing the nursing thing at the University of Washington
          Medical Center.  I wear many different capes ("hats" is the
          appropriate article of clothing, but I like to think of myself as a
          super hero...therefore a  cape...unless I was Robinhood)  I am a
          staff nurse on a 30 bed Medical/Tele floor, I work as the transport
          RN for the hospital three days a month, and now they have me in
          charge of said med/tele floor at least one a week.  Charge SUCKS, I
          hate all of the small town politics and get really tired of
          witnessing just how inept some of the "professionals" I work with are.
          > Right now either Margaret or I are always home with the girls.  I
          work three days a week, we overlap on Tuesdays and then Margaret
          works 4 days a week.  I look forward to a last paternity leave.  I
          will take 6 weeks or so come the new year.
          > I still cannot figure out how I am going to walk up to the shops
          with three kids under the age of 4.  Strap on to my chest, one to my
          back, and have Saoirse walk with me...  we shall see.
          > Well Met Luz, good to hear from you.
          >
          > Much love old friend,
          > The McNulty 5
          > Your silence will not protect you, they will see you through your
          silence.

        • Scott Geibel
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 29, 2008
            2 under 2 were so hard for us, our minds still say no to 3 under 5 although our hearts say yes. The fact that I'm pushing 40 this year doesn't help. Do I want adolescents in the house after 55? Decisions....

            We're probably going to spend this Christmas break in Cape Town. The last time I was there was my last stop going home from Malawi. On Mandela's 80th birthday I got on a 747 from Cape Town to Miami. Didn't he just turn 90? I've spent way too much time here.

            Scott

          • kristen cheney
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 29, 2008
              Congrats, Liz!

              Sounds great. I got a Fulbright to finish my study of orphans, so if you're in the mood for a safari in Uganda (the gorillas are a must-see), feel free to drop by sometime between late Jan-Apr 2009. That goes for everyone who might like to visit lovely Uganda!

              Best,

              Kristen

              On 7/29/08, Elizabeth Bell <elizabeth_bell@...> wrote:

[...]

              Yahoo! News

              Get it all here

              Breaking news to

              entertainment news

              Curves on Yahoo!

              Share & discuss

              Curves, fitness

              and weight loss.

              Cat Zone

              on Yahoo! Groups

              Join a Group

              all about cats.

              .

              __,_._,_

              --
              "Feminism encourages women to leave their husbands, kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism, and become lesbians." --Pat Robertson