RE: [ujeni] Pictures from Christine: Malawi trip

  • Luz Huntington
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 14, 2008
      Christine,
      Thanks so much for sharing your photos. Very nice. Makes me wonder when Rob and I will try to head back with kids in tow?
      Luz

      To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
      From: wartpiggy@...
      Date: Sun, 10 Feb 2008 11:12:07 -0800
      Subject: [ujeni] Pictures from Christine: Malawi trip

      Pictures for you!Shutterfly

      From: Christine Chumbler

      Greetings all! I was very fortunate to just return from a work trip to
      Malawi, my first time back since leaving in '97. Thought you might
      like to see some of the pics. Some explanations: Doro is my
      counterpart's daughter and I'm putting her thru school. Vincent is the
      gentleman I hired to drive me down to Liwonde/Zomba. Liwonde is where
      my counterpart (Sam) and his family live now. And Zomba, of course, is
      where the host family live. Lilongwe looks like it has a lot more
      money now (mini-golf!) , but the rest of the country is much as I
      remember it. Plus cell phones. Everyone I spoke with is very much in
      favor of the new(ish) government. TV Malawi is goofy. And it was great
      to speak Chichewa again (such as I could). All in all, a wonderful
      trip. Thank you, US taxpayers!

      Pictures from Christine Chumbler

      See pictures
      See pictures
      (1 of 34 pictures)

      If selecting "See pictures" doesn’t work, copy-and-paste this address into your browser:
      http://share. shutterfly. com/action/ welcome?sid= 0IZs2jRq1YsWFY