Karlene Gibson

  • Luz Huntington
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      Rob and I are needing a little assistance...

      Rob found a video of Kasungu, Malawi that Karlene Gibson sent him a few
      years ago. Does anyone have any contact info for Karlene and Robert Gibson.
      Rob is really hoping to reconnect with her and her family.

      Thanks for your help.
      Luz
    • Scott Geibel
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007

        I don’t know where they are, but for those who don’t remember what Rob and Karlene look like, here’s a picture to jog your memory.

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
          Scott, that is so cool. How did they get Gaugin to do
          their portrait and how can the rest of us tap into
          that?

          --- Scott Geibel <swgeibel@...> wrote:

          > I don't know where they are, but for those who don't
          > remember what Rob and
          > Karlene look like, here's a picture to jog your
          > memory.
        • Scott Geibel
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
            I gave one of Malawi's local painters a photo (swearing-in ceremony I think) and gave them the portrait at their wedding in Kasungu park. Karlene never liked the painting and thought it an insult, but Rob knew like the rest of us that it is a Masterpiece. 60 years from now, their Grandchildren will probably go to court to fight over who inherits it.