USAID/Afghanistan is hiring

  • Eric Bone
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
      Dear all,

      If you know of anyone who might be interested in working for USAID at a Provincial Reconstruction Team in Afghanistan, applications are being accepted now.  The announcement is at http://fs1.fbo.gov/EPSData/AID/Synopses/37031/306-08-03-OD/USPSCSolicitation306-08-03-OD.pdf

      I'm happy to speak with anyone who may be interested to let them know how I've liked my 11 months so far.  I plan to be at the PRT in Uruzgan until June.

      Regards,
      Eric Bone

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Luz Huntington
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2007
        Rob and I are needing a little assistance...

        Rob found a video of Kasungu, Malawi that Karlene Gibson sent him a few
        years ago. Does anyone have any contact info for Karlene and Robert Gibson.
        Rob is really hoping to reconnect with her and her family.

        Thanks for your help.
        Luz
      • Scott Geibel
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2007

          I don’t know where they are, but for those who don’t remember what Rob and Karlene look like, here’s a picture to jog your memory.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
            Scott, that is so cool. How did they get Gaugin to do
            their portrait and how can the rest of us tap into
            that?

            --- Scott Geibel <swgeibel@...> wrote:

            > I don't know where they are, but for those who don't
            > remember what Rob and
            > Karlene look like, here's a picture to jog your
            > memory.
          • Scott Geibel
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2007
              I gave one of Malawi's local painters a photo (swearing-in ceremony I think) and gave them the portrait at their wedding in Kasungu park. Karlene never liked the painting and thought it an insult, but Rob knew like the rest of us that it is a Masterpiece. 60 years from now, their Grandchildren will probably go to court to fight over who inherits it.