Re: [ujeni] I will trade you for some Hello Dolly Bars

  • Eric Bone
    Message 1 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
      Paul is making my life out to be harder than it is.  We have lots of electricity at the camp, and most of the electric heaters work.  Where we don't have electricity is when we have meetings at government buildings.  Now those are some cold meetings.

      And I like the food here.  But then again I really liked nsmia.

      -Eric

      Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...> wrote:
      I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
      elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

      What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

      Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

      Many thanks.

      Paul

      Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

      PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
      (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
      mailto:ujeni-digest@yahoogroups.com
      mailto:ujeni-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • John Patten
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
        Hi Eric, so tell us where is your site? Stories man!

        JP

        --- Eric Bone <edbone73@...> wrote:

        > Paul is making my life out to be harder than it is.
        > We have lots of electricity at the camp, and most of
        > the electric heaters work. Where we don't have
        > electricity is when we have meetings at government
        > buildings. Now those are some cold meetings.
        >
        > And I like the food here. But then again I really
        > liked nsmia.
        >
        > -Eric
        >
        > Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...> wrote:
        > I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud"
        > hats, Cloisoné beads and
        > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
        >
        > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
        >
        > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
        >
        > Many thanks.
        >
        > Paul
        >
        > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
        >
        > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away
        > place....with no electricity....

        > Share your latest news with your friends with the
        > Windows Live Spaces
        > friends module.

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        http://new.mail.yahoo.com
      • Don and Cathy Weber
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
          Paul...What in the world are Hello Dolly Bars? Am I showing my generation
          gap? Cathy

          >I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
          > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
          >
          > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
          >
          > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
          >
          > Many thanks.
          >
          > Paul
          >
          > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
          >
          > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

        • Scott Geibel
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
            Interested in a can of Africafe?

            I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
            elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

            What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

            Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

            Many thanks.

            Paul

            Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

            PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

            friends module.
            http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spa
            ces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk

            Yahoo! Groups Links
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
              Never, madame. you are ageless:

              Hello Dolly Bars

              1 stick of margarine, melted
              1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs and
              the butter to make the crust)
              1 c. coconut
              1 c. chocolate chips
              1 c. pecans, broken
              1 can sweetened condensed milk

              Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30
              minutes.

              Paul...What in the world are Hello Dolly Bars? Am I showing my generation
              gap? Cathy

              >I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloison� beads and
              > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
              >
              > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
              >
              > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
              >
              > Many thanks.
              >
              > Paul
              >
              > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
              >
              > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no
              electricity....

              > Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces
              > friends module.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
              cash from MSN today!
              http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                Uh, no thanks.....I brought about 25 bags of Colombian coffee with me....

                thanks though...

                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                  Margarine??? I thought you have a job where you're making the BIG BUCKS.
                  Surely you can afford butter. I know we can occasionally and we're on a
                  fixed income. Don

                  > 1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs and
                  > the butter to make the crust)
                  > 1 c. coconut
                  > 1 c. chocolate chips
                  > 1 c. pecans, broken
                  > 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                  >
                  > Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30
                  > minutes.

                • Eric Bone
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                    I don't have any great stories yet, but I am posted in Tirin Kot, Uruzgan, and am posting about my existence, mundane or otherwise, approximately weekly.  My blog is www.yearinafghanistan.blogspot.com, so check there for updates.  I put up the latest today.

                    -Eric

                    http://new.mail. yahoo.com

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                      Actually, buttter would beb better, since it has no trans-fatty somethig or
                      other....

                      Margarine??? I thought you have a job where you're making the BIG BUCKS.
                      Surely you can afford butter. I know we can occasionally and we're on a
                      fixed income. Don

                      > 1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs
                      and
                      > the butter to make the crust)
                      > 1 c. coconut
                      > 1 c. chocolate chips
                      > 1 c. pecans, broken
                      > 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                      >
                      > Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for
                      30
                      > minutes.

                    • Rand Wise
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                        Make and send or send the ingredients (minus butter)? Any other requests? Can you three guys get toghether over the holidays? Guess it's not a good idea to matola to your pal's site. We could send one box with treats for all. Paul, can you give me an address for a dip pouch? D

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                          John is long gone, and Eric and can get together when either he comes to the
                          big city, or when I go and check out the Poppy elimination Program site
                          there....

                          It is best to send the goodies already made.,....

                          Address is:

                          Paul Dever
                          INL-NAS
                          APO AE 09806

                          The address looks funny, but it is a site in New York so when you mail it,
                          you are paying postage only to New York....

                          Pablo