Sponsor me for GuluWalk 2006

  • kristen cheney
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 17, 2006
      Hello,

      On October 21, GuluWalk Day, I am walking to provide a future for the abandoned children of northern Uganda.

      This is a one-day international event that is aiming to raise $1-million to provide education, rehabilitation and youth support programs for the children of this war-torn region.

      In the midst of this 20-year conflict in Uganda between the government and rebel forces, over 20,000 children have been abducted by the rebels and 1.7 million people have been displaced. Children and their families have been forced into abhorrent conditions in IDP camps where hundreds of people are dying every week because of a lack of clean water, food and medical care.

      As many of you know, I did anthropology research in Gulu, where I saw firsthand the suffering of the children there. I am walking to tell their story and to fundraise in support of children's programs that focus on education, rehabilitation and youth outreach, for this generation being left behind.

      Northern Uganda has been described as the worst place in the world to be a child, and your donation can help change that. Your donation will make a difference.

      Sponsor me and make sure that I reach my fundraising goal by clicking on the following link:

      https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/StartUp.aspx?SID=1245361

      Any donation, no matter how small, makes a difference. In Gulu, I met mothers who made $1 stretch to feed 7 children, so just a little can go a long way toward helping people cope with 20 years of war. Donate to me today and help me reach my fundraising goal. Better yet, join me and be one of the 10,000 reasons for hope in northern Uganda.

      For more information please visit www.guluwalk.com

      Thanks and peace,

      Kristen
      --
      "The rainmaker who doesn't know what he's doing will be found out by the lack of clouds."
      -- Luganda Proverb