Whistle's Passing

  • paulpc1
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
      Greetings from Kabul.

      We just wanted to let you know that early this morning, Whistle
      succombed to old age. He was thirteen years old.

      He had a good life, tried never to hurt anyone, and made life for
      those around him nuch more fun.

      He traveled more than most people we know. He was born in August of
      1993 in Burundi. He evacuated with us from Bujumbura and joined us
      in Lilongwe. His trip there was long, via Kenya and Zimbabwe, then
      off to Bamako, then to the US.

      He enjoyed the dog park in Arlington, and made friends there.

      He joined us in Manila, then had a short stay in Washigton, and then
      went with us to Bogota.

      He was at first wary of our daughter then this slowly grew to
      protective, so he made a great older brother.

      He was a bit too ill to travel with us any further, and he died
      under the care of a veterenarian who made certain that he had a last
      meal (two big pieces of grilled steak!) and went away peacefully and
      painfully.

      You can see some pictures of him in our life here:

      share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AauWrlu4bNWp0 (cut and
      paste if you cannot click on it)

      If you have stories or pictures you would like to pass on, let me
      know and you can send them to me at: pcpaul@...

      Many thanks.

      Paul
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
        Sorry, I meant painLESSly, not painfully. I apologize for the error...

        Paul
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 4, 2006
          If you would be so kind as not to send Gigi any condolences. We will have
          our own closure on this, but right now, she is not dealing with his passing.

          Thank you.