Jarvi 2.0

  • RPCV-Jarvi
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 1, 2006

      Hi everyone,

      The newest Jarvi is now in the world Coleman Erik Jarvi, "Cole" to his friends was born on September 8th at 2:38pm.  Cole was 8 pounds and 15 ounces and 20" long and ready to take on the world.  Julie is doing well after 35 hours of labor and we are still trying to find the users manual.

      David Jarvi

    • Rey & Robin
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
        Dear David and Julie,
        Congrats!!! Glad everyone is doing well. Catching up on sleep yet?
        Welcome to parenthood. Despite what these "experienced" parents will
        tell you, there is a user manual. You can download it from
        goodluckpalyouregoingtoneeditanddontworryyouregoingtowingittoo.com
        It comes in .pdf or .doc format.
        Best of wishes and Lots of Love to you and Jule and Cole.
        --Rey and Robin

        --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "RPCV-Jarvi" <rpcv-jarvi@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone,
        >

        > The newest Jarvi is now in the world Coleman Erik Jarvi, "Cole" to
        his
        > friends was born on September 8th at 2:38pm. Cole was 8 pounds
        and 15
        > ounces and 20" long and ready to take on the world. Julie is
        doing well
        > after 35 hours of labor and we are still trying to find the users
        manual.

        > David Jarvi

      • Rand Wise
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
          hmmmm....

          i see that jarvo 2.0 doesn't wear a shirt. that acorn is mighty close to the tree!

          congrats and best wishes! D, R, and BW

          >The newest Jarvi is now in the world Coleman Erik Jarvi, "Cole" to his
          >friends was born on September 8th at 2:38pm. Cole was 8 pounds and 15
          >ounces and 20" long and ready to take on the world. Julie is doing well
          >after 35 hours of labor and we are still trying to find the users manual.
          >

          >David Jarvi

        • Jesse V. Johnson
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
            yes, along those lines it appears that version 2.0 either has everything
            or nothing shaved into his chest. which is it?

            very nice folks. a little jarvi brings a big smile to my face.

            Rand Wise wrote:

            > hmmmm....
            >
            > i see that jarvo 2.0 doesn't wear a shirt. that acorn is mighty close
            > to the tree!
            >
            > congrats and best wishes! D, R, and BW

          • Daniel Dudley
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006
              Here is a little email that a friend of mine sent to me some time ago, it is more true than you can imagine.

              Dan

              How to know whether or not you are ready to have children.

                 Mess Test

                 Smear peanut butter on the sofa and curtains. Now rub your

                 hands in the wet flowerbed and rub on the walls. Cover the

                 stains with crayons. Place a fish stick behind the couch and

                 leave it there all summer.

                 Toy Test
                 Obtain a 55-gallon box of Legos. (If Legos are not available,

                 you may substitute roofing tacks or broken bottles.) Have a

                 friend spread them all over the house. Put on a blindfold.

                 Try to walk to the bathroom or kitchen. Do not scream. (This

                 could wake a child at night.)

                 Grocery Store Test

                 Borrow one or two small animals (goats are best) and take

                 them with you as you shop at the grocery store. Always keep

                 them in sight and pay for anything they eat or damage.

                 Dressing Test

                 Obtain one large, unhappy, live octopus. Stuff into a small

                 net bag making sure that all arms stay inside.

                 Feeding Test

                 Obtain a large plastic milk jug. Fill halfway with water.

                 Suspend from the ceiling with a stout cord. Start the jug

                 swinging. Try to insert spoonfuls of soggy cereal (such as

                 Fruit Loops or Cheerios) into the mouth of the jug, while

                 pretending to be an airplane. Now dump the contents of the

                 jug on the floor.

                 Night Test

                 Prepare by obtaining a small cloth bag and fill it with 8 -

                 12 pounds of sand. Soak it thoroughly in water. At 8:00 PM

                 begin to waltz and hum with the bag until 9:00 PM. Lay down

                 your bag and set your alarm for 10:00PM. Get up, pick up

                 your bag, and sing every song you have ever heard. Makeup

                 about a dozen more and sing these too until 4:00 AM. Set

                 alarm for 5:00AM. Get up and make breakfast. Keep this up

                 for 5 years. Look cheerful.

                 Physical Test (women)

                 Obtain a large beanbag chair and attach it to the front of

                 your clothes. Leave it there for 9 months. Now remove 10 of

                 the beans.

                 Physical Test (Men)

                 Go to the nearest drug store. Set your wallet on the

                 counter. Ask the clerk to help himself. Now proceed to the

                 nearest food store. Go to the head office and arrange for

                 your paycheck to be directly deposited to the store.

                 Purchase a newspaper. Go home and read it quietly for the

                 last time.

                 Final Assignment

                 Find a couple who already have a small child. Lecture them

                 on how they can improve their discipline, patience,

                 tolerance, toilet training, and child's table manners.

                 Suggest many ways they can improve. Emphasize to them that

                 they should never allow their children to run riot. Enjoy

                 this experience. It will be the last time you will have all

                 the answers.

              To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
              From: rpcv-jarvi@...
              Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 17:51:43 -0700
              Subject: [ujeni] Jarvi 2.0

              Hi everyone,

              The newest Jarvi is now in the world Coleman Erik Jarvi, "Cole" to his friends was born on September 8th at 2:38pm.  Cole was 8 pounds and 15 ounces and 20" long and ready to take on the world.  Julie is doing well after 35 hours of labor and we are still trying to find the users manual.

              David Jarvi

              Try the new Live Search today! Check it out!
            • David Binkowski
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 3, 2006

                David and Julie,

                Congratulations on the arrival of the newest Jarvi!!!  Thanks for sharing the good news with us all.

                David Binkowski

                From: "RPCV-Jarvi" <rpcv-jarvi@...>
                To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 17:51:43 -0700

                Hi everyone,

                ?lt;/span>

                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 4, 2006
                  What a cutie....
                • Luz Huntington
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 11, 2006
                    Dave, Julie and Coleman,
                    Congrats!!! Really happy everyone is safe and healthy. Dave, you married one
                    tough lady---that's a big baby.

                    Good Luck and enjoy it. Its tiring but fun.
                    Luz