A good cause

  • Matthew McNulty
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 19, 2006
      Hello All,
       A very good friend of mine has start a non-profit that takes High School students from Portland (OR) to South American Countries(so far) for cultural exchange (www.thepangaeaproject.org) .  My friend Stephanie is a good soul (RPCV from Mali) and has really poured her heart into this cause.
      Evidently you can use "GoodSearch" a search engine through Yahoo to contribute money to this project.  Here is the email that she sent to make people aware of their fund raising.
      So please, the next time you are going to "surf" for a new dende recipe or looking for a local chibuku brewery try this search engine and throw them a tembala or two.
      Impressed with how much I remember you are...
      Later Friends,
      Matt

      Hello Friends--

      I hope this message finds you well.  I wanted to see if you could make a small step to help The Pangaea Project raise money - without it costing you anything.  We have recently joined GoodSearch - a search ending that gives us a penny for every internet search you make. GoodSearch donates income from advertising to non-profits, and their goal is to direct a minimum of 50 percent of revenues to the designated causes and increase this percentage as the company matures. Backed by Yahoo, it's just as effective at finding all the websites you want or need.

      I have set www.goodsearch.com as my home page, and even for places for which I know, I go through the search engine in order to donate another penny for Pangaea.  With help from all you guys, we can easily turn this in to a huge support for The Pangaea Project.  You can also set it to your toolbar, and anywhere else you shortcut to a search.  Simply log on to www.goodsearch.com, and enter "The Pangaea Project" and hit verify.  You can see the pennies add up immediately!

      Check it out, if....

      • 100 Supporters search the internet just twice at day = $730/year
      • 1,000 supporters search the internet just twice a day = $7300/year!
      This is a wonderful opportunity for Pangaea, and it's free to you and me. Please help us add up these pennies. And you can still use the verb "to google," if you'd like.
      Thanks and forward this email on!
      Stephanie and the Pangaea team

      Groups are talking. We’re listening. Check out the handy changes to Yahoo! Groups.