A little update from the Pacific Northwest

  • Vyrle Owens
    Message 1 of 3 , May 14, 2006

      Happy mother’s day to all of you who qualify or plan to qualify.

      News of the day includes some pictures either attached or below.

      We are planning to have some kind of Malawi RPCV get-together this summer.  The first date we are thinking of is Saturday, 24 June.  However, if anyone is planning to travel to Oregon in the summer please let us know and we will try to organize the date and time to accomodate your travel plans.

      In the meantime Allison Mobley has organized two Portland metro area potluck socials in the last two months:  Well enjoyed by all who have attended.  See pictures

      The two women in the center of the picture are recent invitees to PC Malawi.  They should be in Malawi PST by now.

      The woman at the left is Angie who swore-in in July 1997, extended a year.

      Lesley is or has completed the second year of medical school.

      Does anyone know how many MD’s, PA’s or other medical practictioners have come out of the 1995 PC Malawi Group and who they are?  It seems there are at least 5, 6, or 7.

      --- [This E-mail Scanned for viruses by Online Northwest]