Only in Texas

  • Matthew McNulty
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13, 2006
         10 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes by Tom DeLay

      1) "I AM the federal government." -Tom DeLay, to the owner of Ruth's Chris Steak House, after being told to put out his cigar because of federal government regulations banning smoking in the building, May 14,2003 (Source)

      > > 2) "So many minority youths had volunteered.that there was
      > > literally no room for patriotic folks like myself." --Tom DeLay, explaining at the 1988 GOP convention why he and vice presidential nominee Dan Quayle
      > > did not fight in the Vietnam War (Source)
      > >
      > > 3) "Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" -Tom Delay, to three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the Astrodome in Houston , Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)
      > >
      > > 4) "We're no longer a superpower. We're a super-duper power." -Tom DeLay, explaining why America must topple Saddam Hussein in 2002 interview with Fox News (Source)
      > >
      > > 5) "Nothing is more important in the face of a war than cutting taxes."
      > > -Tom DeLay, March 12, 2003 (Source)
      > >
      > > 6) "Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The
      > > causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into daycare,
      > > the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers who take
      > > birth control pills." -Tom DeLay, on causes of the Columbine High School
      > > massacre, 1999 (Source)
      >

      > > 7) "A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide
      > > structure. To provide stability. Not that a woman can't provide
      > > stability, I'm not saying that... It does take a father, though." -Tom
      > > DeLay, in a radio interview, Feb. 10, 2004 (Source)
      face="Courier New" size=4>> >

      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2006
        I just LOVE #6......I wonder if he could diagram that sentence...or the
        logic

        10 Mind-Numbingly Stupid Quotes by Tom DeLay
        1) "I AM the federal government." -Tom DeLay, to the owner of Ruth's
        Chris Steak House, after being told to put out his cigar because of federal
        government regulations banning smoking in the building, May 14,2003 (Source)

        > > 2) "So many minority youths had volunteered.that there was
        > > literally no room for patriotic folks like myself." --Tom DeLay,
        explaining at the 1988 GOP convention why he and vice presidential nominee
        Dan Quayle
        > > did not fight in the Vietnam War (Source)
        > >
        > > 3) "Now tell me the truth boys, is this kind of fun?" -Tom Delay, to
        three young hurricane evacuees from New Orleans at the Astrodome in Houston,
        Sept. 9, 2005 (Source)

        > > 4) "We're no longer a superpower. We're a super-duper power." -Tom
        DeLay, explaining why America must topple Saddam Hussein in 2002 interview
        with Fox News (Source)

        > > 5) "Nothing is more important in the face of a war than cutting
        taxes."
        > > -Tom DeLay, March 12, 2003 (Source)
        > >
        > > 6) "Guns have little or nothing to do with juvenile violence. The
        > > causes of youth violence are working parents who put their kids into
        daycare,
        > > the teaching of evolution in the schools, and working mothers who
        take
        > > birth control pills." -Tom DeLay, on causes of the Columbine High
        School
        > > massacre, 1999 (Source)
        > >
        > > 7) "A woman can take care of the family. It takes a man to provide
        > > structure. To provide stability. Not that a woman can't provide
        > > stability, I'm not saying that... It does take a father, though."
        -Tom
        > > DeLay, in a radio interview, Feb. 10, 2004 (Source)
        > >
        > > 8) "I don't believe there is a separation of church and state. I
        think
        > > the Constitution is very clear. The only separation is that there
        will
        > > not be a government church." -Tom DeLay (Source)
        > >
        > > 9) "Emotional appeals about working families trying to get by on
        $4.25
        > > an hour [the minimum wage in 1996] are hard to resist. Fortunately,
        > > such families do not exist." -Tom DeLay, during a debate in Congress
        on
        > > increasing the minimum wage, April 23, 1996 (Source)
        > >
        > > 10) "I am not a federal employee. I am a constitutional officer. My
        > > job is the Constitution of the United States, I am not a government
        > > employee. I am in the Constitution." -Tom DeLay, in a CNN interview,
        > > Dec. 19, 1995 (Source)

        Blab-away for as little as 1�/min. Make PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
        Messenger with Voice.