How many of you still have the signed 200K bills?

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 4, 2006
    • reysampaga
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 6, 2006
        Pare pare,
        Defacement of money is illegal in any country. Except maybe England.
        Didn't get one signed, anyway, because I didn't have one then. (big
        sighhhh).
        I do have a crisp K200 note serial number AA-032032.
        If anyone knows the exchange rate, then that's how much the note is
        worth.
        Sorry long time no hear from us but we're (Robin and Rey) still
        entrenched in Albq NM. Kids are growing (8-years old and 14-years
        old). Robin still teaching Elementary School and Rey still a
        Structural Engineer.
        Thank you for the pics. They brought back some very lovely memories.
        Salaamat.
        R&R
      • Rand Wise
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006
          I'm finding the current exchange rate to be 129.5 kwacha to the dollar. Sad.

          Thanks Paul for putting up pictures. It's nice to hear from everyone.

          We are much the same here in the big A. Benjamin is fast approaching six and I'd bet he can beat any of you in Star Wars trivia. Deb and I are still teaching school. Ben is "playing" t-ball this spring, his first time out in team sports.

          The Wises

          >Defacement of money is illegal in any country.� Except maybe England.�
          >Didn't get one signed, anyway, because I didn't have one then. (big
          >sighhhh).
          >I do have a crisp K200 note serial number AA-032032.
          >If anyone knows the exchange rate, then that's how much the note is
          >worth.
          >Sorry long time no hear from us but we're (Robin and Rey) still
          >entrenched in Albq NM.� Kids are growing (8-years old and 14-years
          >old). Robin still teaching Elementary School and Rey still a
          >Structural Engineer.
          >Thank you for the pics.� They brought back some very lovely memories.
          >Salaamat.
          >R&R

          >Peace dollarsPeace silver dollarMarine corpsInner peacePeacePeace sign
          >
          >YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
          >

          >* �Visit your group "ujeni" on the web.
          >�
          >* �To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
          >�
          >* �Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.
        • David Binkowski
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 7, 2006

            I have that signed bill somewhere, probably packed up in a box in CT.  My sister just sent the last box of Dedza pottery I was storing at her house (...all these years).  It's great to hear where everyone is and what you are doing.  I am still teaching high school math in San Francisco.

            If I keep to the promise I made to my Malawian students and friends when I was leaving the country, I will be visiting in the summer of 2007 (10 years after I left).  I know the Don and Kathy went with their grandchildren, has anyone else been back recently?

            Tsalani bwino, David Binkowski

            From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
            To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
            Subject: [ujeni] How many of you still have the signed 200K bills?
            Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 04:31:57 +0000

            Peace dollarsPeace silver dollarMarine corps
            Inner peacePeacePeace sign

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            • �Visit your group "ujeni" on the web.
              ?lt;/tt>
            • �To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
              ?lt;/tt>
            • �Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

            ><< 000017.JPG >>

          • Eric Bone
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 10, 2006
              I have my signed bill in my Malawi picture album, right next to my picure of Josephine Katenga and I standing in line to get the autograph.

              Last time I was in Malawi was 2001 for our honeymoon (or as Jacqui says our "honeymoon").  I recently heard from my host father, SH Mchizi of Ekwendeni, that much of his family was put in jail for a week for "contempt of court."  He did not explain what they were in court for in the first place.  I imagine it had something to do with his work with the ever-shifting political parties.

              Eric

              From: "Paul DEVER" <pcpaul@...>
              To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
              Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2006 04:31:57 +0000

              Peace dollarsPeace silver dollarMarine corps
              Inner peacePeacePeace sign

              YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

              •  Visit your group "ujeni" on the web.
                ?lt;/tt>
                ?lt;/tt>
              •  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.

              ><< 000017.JPG >>

              Yahoo! Mail
            • David Binkowski
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 10, 2006