Cross-Post re: Rodwell Swira

  • Paul Dever
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2006
      Rob Claussen, Pierce Davis and I are working out a plan (bank account
      for check writing) for all pcv and rpcv donations in honor of Rodwell
      Swira and for his daughter & family. Jerome Kim is also helping lead a
      collage in his honor as well.

      More details to come. In strength, Jeane

      Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 05:58:46 -0800 (PST)
      From: Dave Buie <buied@...>
      Subject: Very Sad News.....

      Hello PC Malawi Folk,

      I hate to send this email. Dora emailed me today with the following
      news about Language Trainer Rodwell. Please pass on to all those that
      cared about him. I know he was a good friend to many volunteers.

      "
      Dave,
      Sad news, Rodwell Swira the Language Trainer died on January 1 at 4.00
      AM at Kamuzu Central Hospital from cancer. His body was carried to his
      home Karonga yesterday and will be buried today. It is a great loss of
      a dynamic language trainer. He was very good and loved by all.
      Greetings
      Dora

      From: "Mwalwenje, Dora" <dmwalwenje@...> View Contact
      Details Add Mobile Alert
      To: "'Jeane M. Garcia'" <nyanja24@...>
      Subject: RE: Rodwell Swira
      Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:21:17 +0200

      Jeane,
      This has been a blow to all of us. He was with us during the past
      training group. It is when we advised him to go for medical check up
      when he kept on getting the abdominal pains only to be told to go into
      hospital for surgery. It was a major one but he pulled through and came
      back to training. However, his health kept on getting poorer and poorer
      and was sent back to hospital early December. From this time we thought
      he was getting better and was at home only on New Years day first thing
      in the morning to get a message that he was brought back to hospital in
      the early morning hours but did not make it.

      There are a number of Volunteers who want to help towards the funeral
      expenses but I think there is need to establish how it should be done
      to ensure that the family gets the assistance.
      Good luck and cheers
      Dora