RE: [ujeni] Malawi Research Project

  • Scott Geibel
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 20, 2005
      I knew a guy who bought some special hybrid maize seed, and then found a
      way to get around the poor-quality soil in his area by using high-grade
      fertilizers to stimulate growth. He had a fantastic harvest and was able
      to sell a large percentage of his crop and feed. Profitability and export
      income was greatly assisted by government price supports for maize.

      This farmer was one of my in-laws in North Dakota, and I feel that this
      innovative approach has great potential for transferability to Malawi. Let
      me know if you need the contact info.

      Best regards- Scott