Fwd: FBO posting update

  • John Patten
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 24, 2005
      Folks,

      We are recruiting Field Officers for Provincial
      Reconstruction Teams in Afghanistan if you or your
      colleagues might be interested in such a thing.

      It's really on the cutting edge of humanitarian
      practice and civil/miltary interaction in a much
      different context here than groups are used to.

      It's tough, exhausting, exciting and where US/ISAF
      policy meet the ground here. We also work a lot with
      UN, local governance, and NGO actors. Field Officers
      do at least a year tour in locations around the
      country. Most here are going on their second year and
      often get promoted within. I'm the Regional Advisor
      for the south with four Field Officers under me, but
      could put you in another area if that is a conflict of
      your sanity.

      Please forward to appropriate colleagues if you would
      like.

      JP