Re: Baby Tevas

  • balakasue
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 5, 2005
      Hi Deb,

      The baby Tevas are with me. I'm expecting in early December and can't
      wait for the little one to don the legendary Tevas. I will be sure to
      pass them on. I got them from Kathy Callahan, who got them from Tana,
      not sure where they were before that!?!?

      Hope all is well with you guys, sorry I missed you when you were in DC.

      Tsalani bwino,
      Sue

      --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, Rand Wise <wiserd@m...> wrote:
      > Hi all. Just wondering who has the baby tevas. Want to be sure
      they're still circulating/being used. Drop me an e if you have them.
      I believe we missed a few (several?) babies. Thanks.

      > Deb
    • Luz Huntington
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 6, 2005
        If we want to try to recreate the path of the baby tevas, I will add that
        Violet Moskos worn them after Ben Wise. I think the Drazeks may have had
        them after that.

        Luz

        >From: "balakasue" <sue_clasby@...>
        >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ujeni] Re: Baby Tevas
        >Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:44:02 -0000
        >
        >Hi Deb,
        >
        >The baby Tevas are with me. I'm expecting in early December and can't
        >wait for the little one to don the legendary Tevas. I will be sure to
        >pass them on. I got them from Kathy Callahan, who got them from Tana,
        >not sure where they were before that!?!?
        >
        >Hope all is well with you guys, sorry I missed you when you were in DC.
        >
        >Tsalani bwino,
        >Sue
        >

        >--- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, Rand Wise <wiserd@m...> wrote:
        > > Hi all. Just wondering who has the baby tevas. Want to be sure
        >they're still circulating/being used. Drop me an e if you have them.
        >I believe we missed a few (several?) babies. Thanks.
        > >

        > > Deb

      • Scott Geibel
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 7, 2005
          Hooray! Congratulations and good luck.

        • Drazek
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 7, 2005
            We never got the baby Tevas, but we are expecting baby number three in
            January.

            Juliet

          • tana@att.net
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 9, 2005
              We got the Tevas from Deb for the birth of Malik, then I passed them on to Kathy Callahan for Kealt's birth, and she passed them on to Sue for "Balaka Baby" (CONGRATULATIONS SUE!).  What a fun thing they have been!  Drezeks are next?  -Tana
              -------------- Original message from "Drazek" <drazek@...>: --------------

              > We never got the baby Tevas, but we are expecting baby number three in
              > January.
              >
              > Juliet

            • balakasue
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 10, 2005
                Thanks Tana, and Scott!!!

                Juliet, if you send me your address at <sue_clasby@...> I
                will send them to you next.

                All the best!
                Sue

                --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, tana@a... wrote:

                > We got the Tevas from Deb for the birth of Malik, then I passed
                them on to Kathy Callahan for Kealt's birth, and she passed them on
                to Sue for "Balaka Baby" (CONGRATULATIONS SUE!). What a fun thing
                they have been! Drezeks are next? -Tana

                > -------------- Original message from "Drazek" <drazek@f...>: -------
                -------

                > > We never got the baby Tevas, but we are expecting baby number
                three in
                > > January.
                > >
                > > Juliet

              • Luz Huntington
                Message 7 of 13 , Oct 10, 2005
                  Juliet,
                  Liz has offered to send me a pair of baby tevas from one of her boys this
                  spring. When Catalina uses them for a bit, I will send them your way.

                  Congratulations!
                  Luz

                  PS will the new baby make 3 girls or you are expecting a boy?

                  >From: "Drazek" <drazek@...>
                  >To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
                  >Subject: Re: [ujeni] Re: Baby Tevas
                  >Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:24:07 -0600
                  >
                  >We never got the baby Tevas, but we are expecting baby number three in
                  >January.
                  >
                  >Juliet

                • Elizabeth Bell
                  Message 8 of 13 , Oct 10, 2005
                    Hi all,

                    I think the original baby tevas were a very small size.  I have 2 pairs of red zebra tevas size 4/5 that the boys are currently zooming around in.  (Yes, that's right, they are walking.  And running.  And climbing.  And opening doors.  Imagine the Horror.)  When they outgrow them in the next few months (sigh) I'll send one pair to Luz and will send out a message to the ujeni about the other.

                    One can never have too many pairs of baby tevas circulating!

                    For posterity - I gave the original pair to Deb and Rand as a shower gift many moons ago (5 years!), and the two zebra ones we are currently sporting were a shower gift from them last year.

                    Stay well everyone,
                    Liz
                    Liz has offered to send me a pair of baby tevas from one of her boys this
                    spring. When Catalina uses them for a bit, I will send them your way.

                    Congratulations!
                    Luz

                    PS will the new baby make 3 girls or you are expecting a boy?

                    >From: "Drazek" <drazek@...>
                    >To: <ujeni@yahoogroups.com>
                    >Subject: Re: [ujeni] Re: Baby Tevas
                    >Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 11:24:07 -0600
                    >
                    >We never got the baby Tevas, but we are expecting baby number three in
                    >January.
                    >
                    >Juliet

                  • Rand Wise
                    Message 9 of 13 , Apr 15, 2008
                      Another side note:  The "ORIGINAL" will be 8 years old next week.  Time flies!  Seems like only yesterday we were injecting freezies with gin.

                      We're going to head up to Niagara Falls this summer by way of Williamsburg,  NYC, and Albany.  Route home will be south from Buffalo.  Anyone who lives on the way and wants visitors, give us a shout.

                      Deb, Rand, and Ben

                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 16, 2008
                        Wise family and all,

                        I live in Niagara Falls, Ny and would love to catch up with you guys this summer. We are on vacation in early may but otherwise should be home. An update for the ujeni, Michael and I had a baby girl November 15th, named Delilah. She is growing quickly and loves to eat just about anything including pickles. We are having a great time and she is slowly starting to sleep through the night, thank goodness. Hope everyone is having a great spring and that summer time will be even better. If anyone is in the Niagara Falls area, give me a jingle. I think possibly Ken Shockley lives in the buffalo area. love, melissa spencer-winker
                      • Rand Wise
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 17, 2008
                          Neato!  Congrats on the whole kid thing.  I hope you enjoy it as much as Rand and I have.

                          We'll be up that way June 30-July 5.  Heard from Shock, and will try to coordinate some something or another.   We have a hotel on the Canadian side for the 1-5.

                          Do you have any advice to offer about the falls?  We'll be celebrating our 20th wedding anniversary while we are there.  Got married when I was five.

                          I live in Niagara Falls, Ny and would love to catch up with you guys this summer. We are on vacation in early may but otherwise should be home. An update for the ujeni, Michael and I had a baby girl November 15th, named Delilah. She is growing quickly and loves to eat just about anything including pickles. We are having a great time and she is slowly starting to sleep through the night, thank goodness. Hope everyone is having a great spring and that summer time will be even better. If anyone is in the Niagara Falls area, give me a jingle. I think possibly Ken Shockley lives in the buffalo area. love, melissa spencer-winker
                          http://www.windowsl ive.com/messenge r/overview. html?ocid= TXT_TAGLM_ WL_Refresh_ instantaccess_ 042008

                        • Susan Peterson
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 17, 2008
                            Seriously? 20 years! Congratulations! That is awesome!