Rita Update

  • Kristi Henderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2005
      Hey Ujeni,

      Kristen and Eric, thanks so much for the encouraging words.  I certanly appreciate all the well wishes.  I just received a phone call from my parents about an hour ago...my house, my brothers house, my parents house, my brother's inlaws house - all ok!!!  This comes to us from the son of a neighbor who drove by - I will feel much better tonight when I hear it directly from my parents - they are on their way home.  I am about 40 miles north of the areas that got hit the worst...Port Arthur, Orange, Vidor, Bridge City...all hit so hard - it is unreal.  3 and a half weeks ago I was looking at the pictures of Katrina and feeling so removed from it - feeling sympathy for the people of LA. GA., and MS.  But now, I see the pictures, and it is me - yes, my house and my family's were spared, and I am so relieved and so very grateful...but so many friends and co-workers and people and places that I have grown up with all my life, and their homes have disappeard, the businesses have disappeared...it is a really strange, unsettling feeling.  I still have not heard anything about my school.  Thanks again to all of you who have kept me in your thoughts and prayers - I knew the Ujeni had the power!
      Peace,
      Kristi

      Yahoo! for Good