My Contribution to Sustaining Ujeni Life

  • Kristi Henderson
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 20, 2005
      Monire mose!

      Wow, after a WAY too long absence, I finally was able to peek back in on the ujeni - all 247 messages waiting in my inbox for me - and what a great 2 days of reading and catching up and being informed and enlightened and amused.  The school I am at moved into a fabulous new facility this year, and I just discovered that with the move came the removal of the block on teachers' computers that prevented me from being able to read the ujeni...and since I still do not have a home computer...
      But now I can get a daily dose and it is very good indeed, my fliends.  Besides being so extremely excited about the new school with my incredible biology lab (as opposed to a classroom with two sinks) and beautiful new gyms (yes, that is plural!) I also just recently moved into an awesome new home.  I went from a proud home owner to a proud debt-owner.  But I aslo went from 580 square feet of living space to 1800 square feet - I feel like I am in a palace!  I also moved from town back out into the country and am so happy with that.  THe only visible neighbors I have are about a quarter of a mile away, and that's my folks.  So, if any of you ever make it to beautiful exotic southest Texas, feer flee to stop by and stay a spell.
      Teaching is still the greatest thing in the world for me.  I am privelaged to have 76 14 year olds each day, and somedays I manage to get a little biology across to them.  I have 6 juniors who have been phenomenal in biology 2 so far, and my athletes continue to make me so proud and so frustrated and so happy and so miserable!!
      No human kids to speak of, but my dog, Mandisa is now 16 months old and is beautiful and smart and well trained - she passed her Canine Good Citizen test last year and is now qualified as a service dog.  I'm a very proud momma.
      My school has 5 students that are evacuees of Hurricane Katrina, and right now we are watching Rita very carefully - if she stays on her projected path, I may soon have to go a little farther inland myself.
      I really enjoy all the life updates.  And I appreciate every one who contributes to the political issues - helps keep me informed and thinking from all points of view - which can be difficult to find here in my area.
      Stay well
      Kristi Henderson

      Yahoo! for Good