Re: [ujeni] news

    Message 1 of 1046 , Sep 15, 2005
      USG Per Diem rates for NY are: $153 for hotel and $42 for food. You can get
      quite a nice hotel, eat at McDonalds and pocket the rest, and make quite a
      pretty penny...if embassy receptions were any indication, people will be
      stuffing jacket pockets and purses with food frmo the hor d'oeuvres and
      buffets....

      So, I wonder why no one sees a hypocracy with nine presidential palaces, all
      with satellite tv (does the regular bambo have tv yet in Malawi?) and a
      true president would make his whole cabinet or Secretary of Housing live in
      the squatter area until they fix it.

      And the Secretary/Minister of Health could not send his sick family member
      to London for medical care, but rather Kamuzu/Muluzi/Bingu National
      Hospital, and bring his own medicine that he had to go to the srugstore and
      buy, and the gloves, and syringes, and anesthesia, etc....

      And the Minister of Education could not send his kid to that British school,
      or to Eton, but rather in one of the public schools....

      Oh, sorry, I was reading a chapter of Sir Thomas More's
      UTOPIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      Message 1046 of 1046 , May 22 8:06 AM

        by Zainah Liwanda, 22 May 2006 - 06:09:17

        *****

        Chihana operated on

        by Edwin Nyirongo, 22 May 2006 - 06:32:31

        Mughogho is now in charge of the party.

        *****

        Pillane proposes presidential age limit

        by Emmanuel Muwamba , 22 May 2006 - 06:34:13

        *****

        Mussa hails new driving licence

        by Zainah Liwanda, 22 May 2006 - 06:58:52

        *****

        UDF demands investigation on Kasambara

        by Rabecca Theu, 22 May 2006 - 06:30:46

        *****