RE: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter

  • Rand Wise
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 13, 2005
      Congratulations on the new one!

      I wanted to add to the demise discussion that there is more to the group than just messages. Members can go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ujeni/ and access the archives as well as posting files, pictures (I put up a recent one of Ben that we took during a little boat spin looking for dolphins--we got caught in a heavy shower but had a wonderful time and saw lots of dolphins), links, polls, etc. You do have to sign in to access the features, which may require a Yahoo ID, which many or most of you have already. So far there are only two pictures (Ben and the Sampaga's Christmas photo from 2002), but if we get more you could make a slideshow of them.

      Thanks for staying in touch, everyone.

      Much love, Rand, Deb & Ben (who constantly asks questions about Africa--a born PCV if there ever was one)
    • Vyrle Owens
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 14, 2005

        Dear all,

        It is sure nice to see our attention turn from saving the world to
        preparing the next generation for that task. It is wonderful to hear
        the news of new babies, the rapidly passing milestones of the growing
        generation, and the parental pride which accompanies all of this hope.

        As for our news, the youngest grandson is off the machines, breathing on
        his own, now 15 months since delivery, and being a regularly little boy,
        for all intents and purposes normal. He makes his public debut at
        church labor-day weekend. I plan to be there.

        Vyrle

        By the way, if my experience has any validity, the ujeni will not pass
        into oblivion for at least 50 more years, depending of course upon the
        actions of the next generation who may want to keep it going.

        ---
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 15, 2005
          Like the typical father, I have about 2,000 photos of our daughter...how
          many do you want in there???

          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 16, 2005
            I didn't know there were any left unpublished. By the way, we have 5 of the
            cutest grandchildren.... Don

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 16, 2005
              Ouch...just for that you are off the mailing list......

              Please send me Cathy's personal email address......