Re: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter

  • Elizabeth Bell
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 9, 2005
      Congratulations Luz and Rob on number two!

      Our boys turn one on Friday.  I can hardly believe we all (meaning mostly daddy and me) survived this first year.  It's been quite a ride.  Matthew started walking last week and is finally growing a bit of hair.  John is teething like crazy and has discovered how very long that roll of toilet paper is if you just keep pulling it....

      We are leaving Thursday on our first ever plane ride, actually two as we will have to transfer flights.  Wish us luck... and again, here I mean mostly daddy and me. : )

      Hope all are well,
      Liz
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 12, 2005
        Tiamike starts Kindegarden on Monday. Wendy starts 3rd Grade. Wow, they grow
        fast.

        Love,

        Papadud

        >From: "Luz Huntington" <luzhunt@...>
        >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
        >Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:34:29 +0000
        >
        >Rather depressing piece of info. I suppose I will try to do my part to get
        >an upswing on th ujeni meter.
        >
        >Biggest bit of excitement in Rob and my life is the arrival of our second
        >daughter, Catalina Coe Moskos. Born on May 18th...she just about 3 months
        >and doing well. Violet is a very good big sister. Will try to post a photo
        >in the near future.
        >
        >Would love to hear about more PC offspring from the Drazeks, Wises,
        >Dudleys,
        >etc. From all the photos I have seen, the PC offspring in the last few
        >years
        >are a good looking bunch.
        >
        >Later, Luz
        >
        > >From: "Scott Geibel" <scott@...>
        > >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
        > >Subject: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
        > >Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:56:02 +0300
        > >
        > >It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
        > >the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.
        > >
        > >First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
        > >a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel
        > >vindicated.
        > >The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
        > >Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
        > >a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.
        > >
        > >Warm Regards- Scott
        > >
        > ><< UjeniMeter.jpg >>
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Rand Wise
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 13, 2005
          Congratulations on the new one!

          I wanted to add to the demise discussion that there is more to the group than just messages. Members can go to
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ujeni/ and access the archives as well as posting files, pictures (I put up a recent one of Ben that we took during a little boat spin looking for dolphins--we got caught in a heavy shower but had a wonderful time and saw lots of dolphins), links, polls, etc. You do have to sign in to access the features, which may require a Yahoo ID, which many or most of you have already. So far there are only two pictures (Ben and the Sampaga's Christmas photo from 2002), but if we get more you could make a slideshow of them.

          Thanks for staying in touch, everyone.

          Much love, Rand, Deb & Ben (who constantly asks questions about Africa--a born PCV if there ever was one)
        • Vyrle Owens
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 14, 2005

            Dear all,

            It is sure nice to see our attention turn from saving the world to
            preparing the next generation for that task. It is wonderful to hear
            the news of new babies, the rapidly passing milestones of the growing
            generation, and the parental pride which accompanies all of this hope.

            As for our news, the youngest grandson is off the machines, breathing on
            his own, now 15 months since delivery, and being a regularly little boy,
            for all intents and purposes normal. He makes his public debut at
            church labor-day weekend. I plan to be there.

            Vyrle

            By the way, if my experience has any validity, the ujeni will not pass
            into oblivion for at least 50 more years, depending of course upon the
            actions of the next generation who may want to keep it going.

            ---
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 15, 2005
              Like the typical father, I have about 2,000 photos of our daughter...how
              many do you want in there???

              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 16, 2005
                I didn't know there were any left unpublished. By the way, we have 5 of the
                cutest grandchildren.... Don

                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 16, 2005
                  Ouch...just for that you are off the mailing list......

                  Please send me Cathy's personal email address......