RE: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5, 2005
      Not necessarily...at first, when people COSed, there was the urge/need to
      stay in contact. What with all the reunions and such, we are still in
      contact, but have gone to the point where we are in personal/singular (not
      group) email contact with those to whom we are close, and write general
      statements to inform/entice/provoke/have fun.

      Ujeni is not so much declining as evolving, and finding its niche in our
      group...important to share news to everyone that is appropriate for
      everyone, but not abused and used to send general messages...

      TO add to the poll and graph, ask around who has kept up in email contact
      more than via ujeni.....

      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 8, 2005
        Rather depressing piece of info. I suppose I will try to do my part to get
        an upswing on th ujeni meter.

        Biggest bit of excitement in Rob and my life is the arrival of our second
        daughter, Catalina Coe Moskos. Born on May 18th...she just about 3 months
        and doing well. Violet is a very good big sister. Will try to post a photo
        in the near future.

        Would love to hear about more PC offspring from the Drazeks, Wises, Dudleys,
        etc. From all the photos I have seen, the PC offspring in the last few years
        are a good looking bunch.

        Later, Luz

        >From: "Scott Geibel" <scott@...>
        >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
        >Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:56:02 +0300
        >
        >It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
        >the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.
        >
        >First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
        >a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel
        >vindicated.
        >The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
        >Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
        >a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.
        >
        >Warm Regards- Scott
        >
        ><< UjeniMeter.jpg >>
      • Elizabeth Bell
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 9, 2005
          Congratulations Luz and Rob on number two!

          Our boys turn one on Friday.  I can hardly believe we all (meaning mostly daddy and me) survived this first year.  It's been quite a ride.  Matthew started walking last week and is finally growing a bit of hair.  John is teething like crazy and has discovered how very long that roll of toilet paper is if you just keep pulling it....

          We are leaving Thursday on our first ever plane ride, actually two as we will have to transfer flights.  Wish us luck... and again, here I mean mostly daddy and me. : )

          Hope all are well,
          Liz
          Rather depressing piece of info. I suppose I will try to do my part to get
          an upswing on th ujeni meter.

          Biggest bit of excitement in Rob and my life is the arrival of our second
          daughter, Catalina Coe Moskos. Born on May 18th...she just about 3 months
          and doing well. Violet is a very good big sister. Will try to post a photo
          in the near future.

          Would love to hear about more PC offspring from the Drazeks, Wises, Dudleys,
          etc. From all the photos I have seen, the PC offspring in the last few years
          are a good looking bunch.

          Later, Luz

          >From: "Scott Geibel" <scott@...>
          >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
          >Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:56:02 +0300
          >
          >It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
          >the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.
          >
          >First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
          >a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel
          >vindicated.
          >The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
          >Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
          >a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.
          >
          >Warm Regards- Scott
          >
          ><< UjeniMeter.jpg >>

        • Daniel Dudley
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 12, 2005
            Tiamike starts Kindegarden on Monday. Wendy starts 3rd Grade. Wow, they grow
            fast.

            Love,

            Papadud

            >From: "Luz Huntington" <luzhunt@...>
            >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: RE: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
            >Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:34:29 +0000
            >
            >Rather depressing piece of info. I suppose I will try to do my part to get
            >an upswing on th ujeni meter.
            >
            >Biggest bit of excitement in Rob and my life is the arrival of our second
            >daughter, Catalina Coe Moskos. Born on May 18th...she just about 3 months
            >and doing well. Violet is a very good big sister. Will try to post a photo
            >in the near future.
            >
            >Would love to hear about more PC offspring from the Drazeks, Wises,
            >Dudleys,
            >etc. From all the photos I have seen, the PC offspring in the last few
            >years
            >are a good looking bunch.
            >
            >Later, Luz
            >
            > >From: "Scott Geibel" <scott@...>
            > >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
            > >Subject: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
            > >Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:56:02 +0300
            > >
            > >It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
            > >the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.
            > >
            > >First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
            > >a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel
            > >vindicated.
            > >The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
            > >Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
            > >a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.
            > >
            > >Warm Regards- Scott
            > >
            > ><< UjeniMeter.jpg >>
            >

            >Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Rand Wise
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 13, 2005
              Congratulations on the new one!

              I wanted to add to the demise discussion that there is more to the group than just messages. Members can go to
              http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ujeni/ and access the archives as well as posting files, pictures (I put up a recent one of Ben that we took during a little boat spin looking for dolphins--we got caught in a heavy shower but had a wonderful time and saw lots of dolphins), links, polls, etc. You do have to sign in to access the features, which may require a Yahoo ID, which many or most of you have already. So far there are only two pictures (Ben and the Sampaga's Christmas photo from 2002), but if we get more you could make a slideshow of them.

              Thanks for staying in touch, everyone.

              Much love, Rand, Deb & Ben (who constantly asks questions about Africa--a born PCV if there ever was one)
            • Vyrle Owens
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 14, 2005

                Dear all,

                It is sure nice to see our attention turn from saving the world to
                preparing the next generation for that task. It is wonderful to hear
                the news of new babies, the rapidly passing milestones of the growing
                generation, and the parental pride which accompanies all of this hope.

                As for our news, the youngest grandson is off the machines, breathing on
                his own, now 15 months since delivery, and being a regularly little boy,
                for all intents and purposes normal. He makes his public debut at
                church labor-day weekend. I plan to be there.

                Vyrle

                By the way, if my experience has any validity, the ujeni will not pass
                into oblivion for at least 50 more years, depending of course upon the
                actions of the next generation who may want to keep it going.

                ---
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 15, 2005
                  Like the typical father, I have about 2,000 photos of our daughter...how
                  many do you want in there???

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 16, 2005
                    I didn't know there were any left unpublished. By the way, we have 5 of the
                    cutest grandchildren.... Don

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 16, 2005
                      Ouch...just for that you are off the mailing list......

                      Please send me Cathy's personal email address......