Ujeni Meter

  • Scott Geibel
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 5 6:56 AM
      It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
      the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.

      First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
      a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel vindicated.
      The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
      Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
      a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.

      Warm Regards- Scott
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 5 11:54 PM
        Not necessarily...at first, when people COSed, there was the urge/need to
        stay in contact. What with all the reunions and such, we are still in
        contact, but have gone to the point where we are in personal/singular (not
        group) email contact with those to whom we are close, and write general
        statements to inform/entice/provoke/have fun.

        Ujeni is not so much declining as evolving, and finding its niche in our
        group...important to share news to everyone that is appropriate for
        everyone, but not abused and used to send general messages...

        TO add to the poll and graph, ask around who has kept up in email contact
        more than via ujeni.....

        It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
        the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.

        First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
        a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel
        vindicated.
        The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
        Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
        a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.

        Warm Regards- Scott

        << UjeniMeter.jpg >>
      • Luz Huntington
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 8 7:34 AM
          Rather depressing piece of info. I suppose I will try to do my part to get
          an upswing on th ujeni meter.

          Biggest bit of excitement in Rob and my life is the arrival of our second
          daughter, Catalina Coe Moskos. Born on May 18th...she just about 3 months
          and doing well. Violet is a very good big sister. Will try to post a photo
          in the near future.

          Would love to hear about more PC offspring from the Drazeks, Wises, Dudleys,
          etc. From all the photos I have seen, the PC offspring in the last few years
          are a good looking bunch.

          Later, Luz

          >From: "Scott Geibel" <scott@...>
          >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
          >Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:56:02 +0300
          >
          >It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
          >the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.
          >
          >First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
          >a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel
          >vindicated.
          >The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
          >Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
          >a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.
          >
          >Warm Regards- Scott
          >
          ><< UjeniMeter.jpg >>
        • Elizabeth Bell
          Message 4 of 10 , Aug 9 7:11 AM
            Congratulations Luz and Rob on number two!

            Our boys turn one on Friday.  I can hardly believe we all (meaning mostly daddy and me) survived this first year.  It's been quite a ride.  Matthew started walking last week and is finally growing a bit of hair.  John is teething like crazy and has discovered how very long that roll of toilet paper is if you just keep pulling it....

            We are leaving Thursday on our first ever plane ride, actually two as we will have to transfer flights.  Wish us luck... and again, here I mean mostly daddy and me. : )

            Hope all are well,
            Liz
            Rather depressing piece of info. I suppose I will try to do my part to get
            an upswing on th ujeni meter.

            Biggest bit of excitement in Rob and my life is the arrival of our second
            daughter, Catalina Coe Moskos. Born on May 18th...she just about 3 months
            and doing well. Violet is a very good big sister. Will try to post a photo
            in the near future.

            Would love to hear about more PC offspring from the Drazeks, Wises, Dudleys,
            etc. From all the photos I have seen, the PC offspring in the last few years
            are a good looking bunch.

            Later, Luz

            >From: "Scott Geibel" <scott@...>
            >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
            >Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:56:02 +0300
            >
            >It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
            >the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.
            >
            >First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
            >a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel
            >vindicated.
            >The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
            >Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
            >a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.
            >
            >Warm Regards- Scott
            >
            ><< UjeniMeter.jpg >>

          • Daniel Dudley
            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 12 8:28 PM
              Tiamike starts Kindegarden on Monday. Wendy starts 3rd Grade. Wow, they grow
              fast.

              Love,

              Papadud

              >From: "Luz Huntington" <luzhunt@...>
              >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
              >Subject: RE: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
              >Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 14:34:29 +0000
              >
              >Rather depressing piece of info. I suppose I will try to do my part to get
              >an upswing on th ujeni meter.
              >
              >Biggest bit of excitement in Rob and my life is the arrival of our second
              >daughter, Catalina Coe Moskos. Born on May 18th...she just about 3 months
              >and doing well. Violet is a very good big sister. Will try to post a photo
              >in the near future.
              >
              >Would love to hear about more PC offspring from the Drazeks, Wises,
              >Dudleys,
              >etc. From all the photos I have seen, the PC offspring in the last few
              >years
              >are a good looking bunch.
              >
              >Later, Luz
              >
              > >From: "Scott Geibel" <scott@...>
              > >To: ujeni@yahoogroups.com
              > >Subject: [ujeni] Ujeni Meter
              > >Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 16:56:02 +0300
              > >
              > >It is that time of decade that I must once again call your attention to
              > >the Ujeni Meter; please see attached photo.
              > >
              > >First, I must concede that my original prediction of Ujeni's demise was
              > >a bit premature. Some of you mocked my conjectures, but now I feel
              > >vindicated.
              > >The linear or polynomial regression lines clearly show that discourse on
              > >Ujeni--in about two years time--will become about as vital and lively as
              > >a New Frontier Liberal in Jackson, Missippi.
              > >
              > >Warm Regards- Scott
              > >
              > ><< UjeniMeter.jpg >>
              >

              >Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Rand Wise
              Message 6 of 10 , Aug 13 3:57 PM
                Congratulations on the new one!

                I wanted to add to the demise discussion that there is more to the group than just messages. Members can go to
                http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ujeni/ and access the archives as well as posting files, pictures (I put up a recent one of Ben that we took during a little boat spin looking for dolphins--we got caught in a heavy shower but had a wonderful time and saw lots of dolphins), links, polls, etc. You do have to sign in to access the features, which may require a Yahoo ID, which many or most of you have already. So far there are only two pictures (Ben and the Sampaga's Christmas photo from 2002), but if we get more you could make a slideshow of them.

                Thanks for staying in touch, everyone.

                Much love, Rand, Deb & Ben (who constantly asks questions about Africa--a born PCV if there ever was one)
              • Vyrle Owens
                Message 7 of 10 , Aug 14 5:52 PM

                  Dear all,

                  It is sure nice to see our attention turn from saving the world to
                  preparing the next generation for that task. It is wonderful to hear
                  the news of new babies, the rapidly passing milestones of the growing
                  generation, and the parental pride which accompanies all of this hope.

                  As for our news, the youngest grandson is off the machines, breathing on
                  his own, now 15 months since delivery, and being a regularly little boy,
                  for all intents and purposes normal. He makes his public debut at
                  church labor-day weekend. I plan to be there.

                  Vyrle

                  By the way, if my experience has any validity, the ujeni will not pass
                  into oblivion for at least 50 more years, depending of course upon the
                  actions of the next generation who may want to keep it going.

                  ---
                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 15 7:26 PM
                    Like the typical father, I have about 2,000 photos of our daughter...how
                    many do you want in there???

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 16 8:21 AM
                      I didn't know there were any left unpublished. By the way, we have 5 of the
                      cutest grandchildren.... Don

                      Message 10 of 10 , Aug 16 7:13 PM
                        Ouch...just for that you are off the mailing list......

                        Please send me Cathy's personal email address......