Ten Years After

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 8, 2005
      I have fond memories of having to come up with 97 safe envelopes, carrying
      oodles of cash with me, trying to keep the hot water going (as well as
      electricity) at the Zomba site, and well as that long haired guy with the
      motorcycle in that village...I think he was a dietician or something....

      Roopangi can tell you about how I cracked up the Malawians with my poorly
      pronounced CHichewa.....

      All in all the good memories keep rolling on....

      Anyone hear frmo Mike Nolan?>????

      PSD

      PS: Love the Dever Slot Machine.....
    • John Patten
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 8, 2005
        Dude,

        Speaking of the envelopes, the first thing you said to
        me after I got past the Starsky and Hutch sunglasses
        was, "Sign, slather, and seal." I don't know if I
        somehow felt violated.

        Showing up at a nunnery by motorcycle with a thin
        Malawian in flood pants and a bicycle helmet lead
        directly to our getting the door slammed in our face.
        But our pleas to help our friend with amoebic
        dysentary won the day.

        http://mail.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2005
          No slathering thre...must have been some party....

          All you had to do was to sign and tie the string....maybe that got you
          confused.....my 2.5 yr old daughter can do that, whereas I distinctly
          remember having to give you visual instructions.....

          Best of all I remember the St. Paddy's Day party in Dedza I think...that
          hotel left a biyt to be desired, and the PC Vehicle was much more
          comfortable, but the computer contractor who was there at the time swears
          that he got malaria there....but also had asked me to pass along my
          compliments to the person who provided the Mood Stick.......

          PSD