Re: [ujeni] Is this for real?

    Message 1 of 9 , May 29, 2005
      Real? Yes...

      True, in this day and age? Why not, we do not seem to mind that our
      government has the authority (not the power, but the authrity) to sneak into
      our daily lives, sich as bank accounts, internet records, library records,
      etc., all in the namer of the Patriot Act...

      If you have a few days to spare, read the multi-hundred page Patriot Act,
      and ask yourselves how your elected representatives could have voted for
      something that was still wet with ink when it was vote dupon, and quite soon
      at that.....

      Message 2 of 9 , May 30, 2005
        Yes. Our congressmen should spend more time reading the Patriot Act, and
        stop wasting time blocking presidential nominees such as Bolton. Okay, I
        don't know much about Bolton, although I concede that his duets with Kenny
        G were a gross error in judgment. However, he seems to have paid a price
        with his fall from fame, and has atoned for his indescretions by cutting
        his hair. The President deserves an up or down vote on Bolton!

      • John Patten
        Message 3 of 9 , May 30, 2005
          Scott, yes but Bolton is an imitator that can't write
          his own songs. If Bush wants to impress me he should
          just go ahead and nominate Otis Redding instead. And
          Otis never would have gone in for the mullet look.

          http://mail.yahoo.com
          Message 4 of 9 , May 30, 2005
            Ha...you are learning how the gov. works......

            "I will finally give you what you want (Bolton's confirmation), when I get
            what I...er my constituents want"........

            Time will tell....

            Remember the framed quote on my office wall in Lilongwe...:

            QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

            PSD

            Yes. Our congressmen should spend more time reading the Patriot Act, and
            stop wasting time blocking presidential nominees such as Bolton. Okay, I
            don't know much about Bolton, although I concede that his duets with Kenny
            G were a gross error in judgment. However, he seems to have paid a price
            with his fall from fame, and has atoned for his indescretions by cutting
            his hair. The President deserves an up or down vote on Bolton!

            Service.

            Message 5 of 9 , May 30, 2005
              I think you are confusing John Bolton with Michael Bolton...

              PSD

              --- Scott Geibel <scott@...> wrote:

              > Yes. Our congressmen should spend more time reading
              > the Patriot Act, and
              > stop wasting time blocking presidential nominees
              > such as Bolton. Okay, I
              > don't know much about Bolton, although I concede
              > that his duets with Kenny
              > G were a gross error in judgment. However, he seems
              > to have paid a price
              > with his fall from fame, and has atoned for his
              > indescretions by cutting
              > his hair. The President deserves an up or down vote
              > on Bolton!

              http://mail.yahoo.com
            • John Patten
              Message 6 of 9 , May 30, 2005
                Dude, that was the joke. We're not retards. I mean if
                I saw a sign that said "wet floor" it doesn't mean I
                would do it.

                Maybe your signature should be PTSD instead.

                Sorry, I just saw Mean Girls and am a bit
                disconcerted.

                I love you man.

                JP

                Message 7 of 9 , May 31, 2005
                  That is straight out of Saving Silverman....what a classic.......