Re: [ujeni] Is this for real?

  • Kenneth Shockley
    Message 1 of 9 , May 26, 2005
      See http://www.snopes.com/politics/quotes/ike.asp
      Yep, its for real.

      --On Thursday, May 26, 2005 11:30 AM -0700 Matthew McNulty
      <mcnurty@...> wrote:

      > Quote of the Week
      > "Should any political party attempt to abolish social security,
      > unemployment insurance, and eliminate labor laws and farm programs, you
      > would not hear of that party again in our political history. There is a
      > tiny splinter group, of course, that believes that you can do these
      > things. Among them are a few Texas oil millionaires, and an occasional
      > politician or businessman from other areas. Their number is negligible
      > and they are stupid." -- President Dwight D.
      > Eisenhower, 1952

      ------------------------------------
      Kenneth Shockley
      Assistant Professor
      Department of Philosophy
      University at Buffalo
      Buffalo, NY 14260
      716-645-2444 x111
      http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~kes25/
      Message 2 of 9 , May 29, 2005
        Real? Yes...

        True, in this day and age? Why not, we do not seem to mind that our
        government has the authority (not the power, but the authrity) to sneak into
        our daily lives, sich as bank accounts, internet records, library records,
        etc., all in the namer of the Patriot Act...

        If you have a few days to spare, read the multi-hundred page Patriot Act,
        and ask yourselves how your elected representatives could have voted for
        something that was still wet with ink when it was vote dupon, and quite soon
        at that.....

        ------------------------------------
        Kenneth Shockley
        Assistant Professor
        Department of Philosophy
        University at Buffalo
        Buffalo, NY 14260
        716-645-2444 x111
        http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~kes25/
      • Scott Geibel
        Message 3 of 9 , May 30, 2005
          Yes. Our congressmen should spend more time reading the Patriot Act, and
          stop wasting time blocking presidential nominees such as Bolton. Okay, I
          don't know much about Bolton, although I concede that his duets with Kenny
          G were a gross error in judgment. However, he seems to have paid a price
          with his fall from fame, and has atoned for his indescretions by cutting
          his hair. The President deserves an up or down vote on Bolton!

        • John Patten
          Message 4 of 9 , May 30, 2005
            Scott, yes but Bolton is an imitator that can't write
            his own songs. If Bush wants to impress me he should
            just go ahead and nominate Otis Redding instead. And
            Otis never would have gone in for the mullet look.

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 9 , May 30, 2005
              Ha...you are learning how the gov. works......

              "I will finally give you what you want (Bolton's confirmation), when I get
              what I...er my constituents want"........

              Time will tell....

              Remember the framed quote on my office wall in Lilongwe...:

              QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

              PSD

              Yes. Our congressmen should spend more time reading the Patriot Act, and
              stop wasting time blocking presidential nominees such as Bolton. Okay, I
              don't know much about Bolton, although I concede that his duets with Kenny
              G were a gross error in judgment. However, he seems to have paid a price
              with his fall from fame, and has atoned for his indescretions by cutting
              his hair. The President deserves an up or down vote on Bolton!

              Service.

              Message 6 of 9 , May 30, 2005
                I think you are confusing John Bolton with Michael Bolton...

                PSD

                --- Scott Geibel <scott@...> wrote:

                > Yes. Our congressmen should spend more time reading
                > the Patriot Act, and
                > stop wasting time blocking presidential nominees
                > such as Bolton. Okay, I
                > don't know much about Bolton, although I concede
                > that his duets with Kenny
                > G were a gross error in judgment. However, he seems
                > to have paid a price
                > with his fall from fame, and has atoned for his
                > indescretions by cutting
                > his hair. The President deserves an up or down vote
                > on Bolton!

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • John Patten
                Message 7 of 9 , May 30, 2005
                  Dude, that was the joke. We're not retards. I mean if
                  I saw a sign that said "wet floor" it doesn't mean I
                  would do it.

                  Maybe your signature should be PTSD instead.

                  Sorry, I just saw Mean Girls and am a bit
                  disconcerted.

                  I love you man.

                  JP

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 31, 2005
                    That is straight out of Saving Silverman....what a classic.......