Post Malawi milestone

  • Luz Huntington
    Message 1 of 16 , Apr 6, 2005
      Just thought it might be amusing to report that Rob and myself (Malawi
      94-96) have finally wired the wooden lamp bases that we purchased so long
      ago in Malawi. Prior to getting married, we each had two craved lamps...Now,
      a mere ten years later they are functioning and proudly displayed in our
      home. I think this might rank up there, right after renovated home and
      second child (ha ha ha).

      Anyway hope everyone is well. Congratulations to John and his lovely ladies.
      Luz
      Message 2 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
        I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloison� beads and
        elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

        What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

        Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

        Many thanks.

        Paul

        Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

        PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

        friends module.
      • Eric Bone
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
          Paul is making my life out to be harder than it is.  We have lots of electricity at the camp, and most of the electric heaters work.  Where we don't have electricity is when we have meetings at government buildings.  Now those are some cold meetings.

          And I like the food here.  But then again I really liked nsmia.

          -Eric

          Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...> wrote:
          I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
          elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

          What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

          Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

          Many thanks.

          Paul

          Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

          PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

          <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

          <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:ujeni-digest@yahoogroups.com
          mailto:ujeni-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • John Patten
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
            Hi Eric, so tell us where is your site? Stories man!

            JP

            --- Eric Bone <edbone73@...> wrote:

            > Paul is making my life out to be harder than it is.
            > We have lots of electricity at the camp, and most of
            > the electric heaters work. Where we don't have
            > electricity is when we have meetings at government
            > buildings. Now those are some cold meetings.
            >
            > And I like the food here. But then again I really
            > liked nsmia.
            >
            > -Eric
            >
            > Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...> wrote:
            > I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud"
            > hats, Cloisoné beads and
            > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
            >
            > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
            >
            > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
            >
            > Many thanks.
            >
            > Paul
            >
            > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
            >
            > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away
            > place....with no electricity....

            > Share your latest news with your friends with the
            > Windows Live Spaces
            > friends module.

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            http://new.mail.yahoo.com
          • Don and Cathy Weber
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
              Paul...What in the world are Hello Dolly Bars? Am I showing my generation
              gap? Cathy

              >I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
              > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
              >
              > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
              >
              > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
              >
              > Many thanks.
              >
              > Paul
              >
              > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
              >
              > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

            • Scott Geibel
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                Interested in a can of Africafe?

                I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
                elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

                What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

                Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

                Many thanks.

                Paul

                Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

                PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

                friends module.
                http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spa
                ces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk

                Yahoo! Groups Links
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                  Never, madame. you are ageless:

                  Hello Dolly Bars

                  1 stick of margarine, melted
                  1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs and
                  the butter to make the crust)
                  1 c. coconut
                  1 c. chocolate chips
                  1 c. pecans, broken
                  1 can sweetened condensed milk

                  Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30
                  minutes.

                  Paul...What in the world are Hello Dolly Bars? Am I showing my generation
                  gap? Cathy

                  >I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloison� beads and
                  > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
                  >
                  > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
                  >
                  > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
                  >
                  > Many thanks.
                  >
                  > Paul
                  >
                  > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
                  >
                  > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no
                  electricity....

                  > Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces
                  > friends module.

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
                  cash from MSN today!
                  http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                    Uh, no thanks.....I brought about 25 bags of Colombian coffee with me....

                    thanks though...

                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                      Margarine??? I thought you have a job where you're making the BIG BUCKS.
                      Surely you can afford butter. I know we can occasionally and we're on a
                      fixed income. Don

                      > 1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs and
                      > the butter to make the crust)
                      > 1 c. coconut
                      > 1 c. chocolate chips
                      > 1 c. pecans, broken
                      > 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                      >
                      > Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30
                      > minutes.

                    • Eric Bone
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                        I don't have any great stories yet, but I am posted in Tirin Kot, Uruzgan, and am posting about my existence, mundane or otherwise, approximately weekly.  My blog is www.yearinafghanistan.blogspot.com, so check there for updates.  I put up the latest today.

                        -Eric

                        http://new.mail. yahoo.com

                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                          Actually, buttter would beb better, since it has no trans-fatty somethig or
                          other....

                          Margarine??? I thought you have a job where you're making the BIG BUCKS.
                          Surely you can afford butter. I know we can occasionally and we're on a
                          fixed income. Don

                          > 1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs
                          and
                          > the butter to make the crust)
                          > 1 c. coconut
                          > 1 c. chocolate chips
                          > 1 c. pecans, broken
                          > 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                          >
                          > Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for
                          30
                          > minutes.

                        • Rand Wise
                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                            Make and send or send the ingredients (minus butter)? Any other requests? Can you three guys get toghether over the holidays? Guess it's not a good idea to matola to your pal's site. We could send one box with treats for all. Paul, can you give me an address for a dip pouch? D

                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                              John is long gone, and Eric and can get together when either he comes to the
                              big city, or when I go and check out the Poppy elimination Program site
                              there....

                              It is best to send the goodies already made.,....

                              Address is:

                              Paul Dever
                              INL-NAS
                              APO AE 09806

                              The address looks funny, but it is a site in New York so when you mail it,
                              you are paying postage only to New York....

                              Pablo