Museum Trips

    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 19, 2005
      Greetings folks...photo link for this is:

      http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANXLVy3cNmrMMg

      Our Spanish teacher and we went to a couple of museums today. Very
      enjoyable and a most productive class, since we haqve to speak Spanish to
      her and others and she will only speak Spanish to us. We went to two
      museums: The Botero Museum and the GOld Museum...

      Botero is a Colombian painter and sculptor who makes Rubenesque women seem
      anorexic...he exagerates their figures (men, women and children) and make
      reproductions of famous paintings using his bigger is better style.

      What makes his museum stand apart is that he has donatin pieces fmo his
      private collection: ORIGINAL Picassos, Monet, MIro, and other famous
      artists...there was a pencil drawing of Picasso that I thought was most
      intriguing...I wonder if this is how he really saw the world...

      In his complex, he also had sketches of Francisco de Goya and some guy named
      Blake who apparently went down South to document the poor treatment of
      slaves...

      Enjoy....I will be off to the Amazon Monday, so wish me luck in fishing....

      Pablo
    • Luz Huntington
      Message 2 of 16 , Apr 6, 2005
        Just thought it might be amusing to report that Rob and myself (Malawi
        94-96) have finally wired the wooden lamp bases that we purchased so long
        ago in Malawi. Prior to getting married, we each had two craved lamps...Now,
        a mere ten years later they are functioning and proudly displayed in our
        home. I think this might rank up there, right after renovated home and
        second child (ha ha ha).

        Anyway hope everyone is well. Congratulations to John and his lovely ladies.
        Luz
        Message 3 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
          I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloison� beads and
          elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

          What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

          Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

          Many thanks.

          Paul

          Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

          PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

          friends module.
        • Eric Bone
          Message 4 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
            Paul is making my life out to be harder than it is.  We have lots of electricity at the camp, and most of the electric heaters work.  Where we don't have electricity is when we have meetings at government buildings.  Now those are some cold meetings.

            And I like the food here.  But then again I really liked nsmia.

            -Eric

            Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...> wrote:
            I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
            elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

            What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

            Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

            Many thanks.

            Paul

            Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

            PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

            <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
            mailto:ujeni-digest@yahoogroups.com
            mailto:ujeni-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • John Patten
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
              Hi Eric, so tell us where is your site? Stories man!

              JP

              --- Eric Bone <edbone73@...> wrote:

              > Paul is making my life out to be harder than it is.
              > We have lots of electricity at the camp, and most of
              > the electric heaters work. Where we don't have
              > electricity is when we have meetings at government
              > buildings. Now those are some cold meetings.
              >
              > And I like the food here. But then again I really
              > liked nsmia.
              >
              > -Eric
              >
              > Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...> wrote:
              > I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud"
              > hats, Cloisoné beads and
              > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
              >
              > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
              >
              > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
              >
              > Many thanks.
              >
              > Paul
              >
              > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
              >
              > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away
              > place....with no electricity....

              > Share your latest news with your friends with the
              > Windows Live Spaces
              > friends module.

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://new.mail.yahoo.com
            • Don and Cathy Weber
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                Paul...What in the world are Hello Dolly Bars? Am I showing my generation
                gap? Cathy

                >I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
                > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
                >
                > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
                >
                > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
                >
                > Many thanks.
                >
                > Paul
                >
                > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
                >
                > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

              • Scott Geibel
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                  Interested in a can of Africafe?

                  I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
                  elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

                  What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

                  Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

                  Many thanks.

                  Paul

                  Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

                  PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

                  friends module.
                  http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spa
                  ces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk

                  Yahoo! Groups Links
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                    Never, madame. you are ageless:

                    Hello Dolly Bars

                    1 stick of margarine, melted
                    1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs and
                    the butter to make the crust)
                    1 c. coconut
                    1 c. chocolate chips
                    1 c. pecans, broken
                    1 can sweetened condensed milk

                    Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30
                    minutes.

                    Paul...What in the world are Hello Dolly Bars? Am I showing my generation
                    gap? Cathy

                    >I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloison� beads and
                    > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
                    >
                    > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
                    >
                    > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
                    >
                    > Many thanks.
                    >
                    > Paul
                    >
                    > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
                    >
                    > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no
                    electricity....

                    > Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces
                    > friends module.

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                    Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
                    cash from MSN today!
                    http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                      Uh, no thanks.....I brought about 25 bags of Colombian coffee with me....

                      thanks though...

                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                        Margarine??? I thought you have a job where you're making the BIG BUCKS.
                        Surely you can afford butter. I know we can occasionally and we're on a
                        fixed income. Don

                        > 1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs and
                        > the butter to make the crust)
                        > 1 c. coconut
                        > 1 c. chocolate chips
                        > 1 c. pecans, broken
                        > 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                        >
                        > Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30
                        > minutes.

                      • Eric Bone
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                          I don't have any great stories yet, but I am posted in Tirin Kot, Uruzgan, and am posting about my existence, mundane or otherwise, approximately weekly.  My blog is www.yearinafghanistan.blogspot.com, so check there for updates.  I put up the latest today.

                          -Eric

                          http://new.mail. yahoo.com

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                            Actually, buttter would beb better, since it has no trans-fatty somethig or
                            other....

                            Margarine??? I thought you have a job where you're making the BIG BUCKS.
                            Surely you can afford butter. I know we can occasionally and we're on a
                            fixed income. Don

                            > 1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs
                            and
                            > the butter to make the crust)
                            > 1 c. coconut
                            > 1 c. chocolate chips
                            > 1 c. pecans, broken
                            > 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                            >
                            > Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for
                            30
                            > minutes.

                          • Rand Wise
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                              Make and send or send the ingredients (minus butter)? Any other requests? Can you three guys get toghether over the holidays? Guess it's not a good idea to matola to your pal's site. We could send one box with treats for all. Paul, can you give me an address for a dip pouch? D

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                                John is long gone, and Eric and can get together when either he comes to the
                                big city, or when I go and check out the Poppy elimination Program site
                                there....

                                It is best to send the goodies already made.,....

                                Address is:

                                Paul Dever
                                INL-NAS
                                APO AE 09806

                                The address looks funny, but it is a site in New York so when you mail it,
                                you are paying postage only to New York....

                                Pablo