You have received photos from Adobe Photoshop Album

  • Don & Cathy Weber
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 7, 2005
      (I started to send this to Luz and Rob and Paul only but then looked at the picture again and thought everyone might enjoy it.  It was taken outside the Presidents palace just before the PC 35th anniversary celebration.  Interesting moment...classic of Paul, don't you think?)

      Luz and Rob...how are things going on your house?  Luz...did you finish your masters work?  Haven't seen pictures of Violet for a long time!  What's new?  We had breakfast with Ken Spafford and Mike Sobel (coincidently passing through) in Phoenix in December.  We didn't get up to see Dan, Gertrude and kids this last trip but will be going back to Arizona, now that Jenny's in Phoenix, and will go see them for sure.

      Paul...it's Camp Fire Girl cookie time again.  What's your mailing address?

      Cathy
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 7, 2005
        Man...did I really have that much hair back then????????

        (I started to send this to Luz and Rob and Paul only but then looked at the
        picture again and thought everyone might enjoy it. It was taken outside the
        Presidents palace just before the PC 35th anniversary celebration.
        Interesting moment...classic of Paul, don't you think?)

        Luz and Rob...how are things going on your house? Luz...did you finish your
        masters work? Haven't seen pictures of Violet for a long time! What's new?
        We had breakfast with Ken Spafford and Mike Sobel (coincidently passing
        through) in Phoenix in December. We didn't get up to see Dan, Gertrude and
        kids this last trip but will be going back to Arizona, now that Jenny's in
        Phoenix, and will go see them for sure.

        Paul...it's Camp Fire Girl cookie time again. What's your mailing address?

        Cathy
        << picture003_edited.jpg >>
        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 19, 2005
          Greetings folks...photo link for this is:

          http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeANXLVy3cNmrMMg

          Our Spanish teacher and we went to a couple of museums today. Very
          enjoyable and a most productive class, since we haqve to speak Spanish to
          her and others and she will only speak Spanish to us. We went to two
          museums: The Botero Museum and the GOld Museum...

          Botero is a Colombian painter and sculptor who makes Rubenesque women seem
          anorexic...he exagerates their figures (men, women and children) and make
          reproductions of famous paintings using his bigger is better style.

          What makes his museum stand apart is that he has donatin pieces fmo his
          private collection: ORIGINAL Picassos, Monet, MIro, and other famous
          artists...there was a pencil drawing of Picasso that I thought was most
          intriguing...I wonder if this is how he really saw the world...

          In his complex, he also had sketches of Francisco de Goya and some guy named
          Blake who apparently went down South to document the poor treatment of
          slaves...

          Enjoy....I will be off to the Amazon Monday, so wish me luck in fishing....

          Pablo
        • Luz Huntington
          Message 4 of 16 , Apr 6, 2005
            Just thought it might be amusing to report that Rob and myself (Malawi
            94-96) have finally wired the wooden lamp bases that we purchased so long
            ago in Malawi. Prior to getting married, we each had two craved lamps...Now,
            a mere ten years later they are functioning and proudly displayed in our
            home. I think this might rank up there, right after renovated home and
            second child (ha ha ha).

            Anyway hope everyone is well. Congratulations to John and his lovely ladies.
            Luz
            Message 5 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
              I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloison� beads and
              elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

              What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

              Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

              Many thanks.

              Paul

              Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

              PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

              friends module.
            • Eric Bone
              Message 6 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
                Paul is making my life out to be harder than it is.  We have lots of electricity at the camp, and most of the electric heaters work.  Where we don't have electricity is when we have meetings at government buildings.  Now those are some cold meetings.

                And I like the food here.  But then again I really liked nsmia.

                -Eric

                Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...> wrote:
                I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
                elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

                What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

                Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

                Many thanks.

                Paul

                Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

                PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

                <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

                <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

                <*> To change settings via email:
                mailto:ujeni-digest@yahoogroups.com
                mailto:ujeni-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              • John Patten
                Message 7 of 16 , Dec 7, 2006
                  Hi Eric, so tell us where is your site? Stories man!

                  JP

                  --- Eric Bone <edbone73@...> wrote:

                  > Paul is making my life out to be harder than it is.
                  > We have lots of electricity at the camp, and most of
                  > the electric heaters work. Where we don't have
                  > electricity is when we have meetings at government
                  > buildings. Now those are some cold meetings.
                  >
                  > And I like the food here. But then again I really
                  > liked nsmia.
                  >
                  > -Eric
                  >
                  > Paul DEVER <pcpaul@...> wrote:
                  > I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud"
                  > hats, Cloisoné beads and
                  > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
                  >
                  > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
                  >
                  > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
                  >
                  > Many thanks.
                  >
                  > Paul
                  >
                  > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
                  >
                  > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away
                  > place....with no electricity....

                  > Share your latest news with your friends with the
                  > Windows Live Spaces
                  > friends module.

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  http://new.mail.yahoo.com
                • Don and Cathy Weber
                  Message 8 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                    Paul...What in the world are Hello Dolly Bars? Am I showing my generation
                    gap? Cathy

                    >I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
                    > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
                    >
                    > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
                    >
                    > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
                    >
                    > Many thanks.
                    >
                    > Paul
                    >
                    > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
                    >
                    > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

                  • Scott Geibel
                    Message 9 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                      Interested in a can of Africafe?

                      I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloisoné beads and
                      elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.

                      What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....

                      Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....

                      Many thanks.

                      Paul

                      Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......

                      PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no electricity....

                      friends module.
                      http://clk.atdmt.com/MSN/go/msnnkwsp0070000001msn/direct/01/?href=http://spa
                      ces.live.com/spacesapi.aspx?wx_action=create&wx_url=/friends.aspx&mk

                      Yahoo! Groups Links
                      Message 10 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                        Never, madame. you are ageless:

                        Hello Dolly Bars

                        1 stick of margarine, melted
                        1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs and
                        the butter to make the crust)
                        1 c. coconut
                        1 c. chocolate chips
                        1 c. pecans, broken
                        1 can sweetened condensed milk

                        Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30
                        minutes.

                        Paul...What in the world are Hello Dolly Bars? Am I showing my generation
                        gap? Cathy

                        >I haev unique access to "Karzai" hats, "Massoud" hats, Cloison� beads and
                        > elephants, burkhas and other fun stuff.
                        >
                        > What I don't have is Hello Dolly Bars....
                        >
                        > Anyone interested in a trade, let me know....
                        >
                        > Many thanks.
                        >
                        > Paul
                        >
                        > Stuck in Kabul, with no good food.......
                        >
                        > PS: Eric looks good, and is in a far away place....with no
                        electricity....

                        > Share your latest news with your friends with the Windows Live Spaces
                        > friends module.

                        > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        Visit MSN Holiday Challenge for your chance to win up to $50,000 in Holiday
                        cash from MSN today!
                        http://www.msnholidaychallenge.com/index.aspx?ocid=tagline&locale=en-us
                        Message 11 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                          Uh, no thanks.....I brought about 25 bags of Colombian coffee with me....

                          thanks though...

                          Message 12 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                            Margarine??? I thought you have a job where you're making the BIG BUCKS.
                            Surely you can afford butter. I know we can occasionally and we're on a
                            fixed income. Don

                            > 1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs and
                            > the butter to make the crust)
                            > 1 c. coconut
                            > 1 c. chocolate chips
                            > 1 c. pecans, broken
                            > 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                            >
                            > Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for 30
                            > minutes.

                          • Eric Bone
                            Message 13 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                              I don't have any great stories yet, but I am posted in Tirin Kot, Uruzgan, and am posting about my existence, mundane or otherwise, approximately weekly.  My blog is www.yearinafghanistan.blogspot.com, so check there for updates.  I put up the latest today.

                              -Eric

                              http://new.mail. yahoo.com

                              Message 14 of 16 , Dec 8, 2006
                                Actually, buttter would beb better, since it has no trans-fatty somethig or
                                other....

                                Margarine??? I thought you have a job where you're making the BIG BUCKS.
                                Surely you can afford butter. I know we can occasionally and we're on a
                                fixed income. Don

                                > 1 c. Graham cracker crumbs (you actually mix the graham cracker crumbs
                                and
                                > the butter to make the crust)
                                > 1 c. coconut
                                > 1 c. chocolate chips
                                > 1 c. pecans, broken
                                > 1 can sweetened condensed milk
                                >
                                > Place ingredients in order listed in 9 X13" pan. Bake @ 350 degrees for
                                30
                                > minutes.

                              • Rand Wise
                                Message 15 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                                  Make and send or send the ingredients (minus butter)? Any other requests? Can you three guys get toghether over the holidays? Guess it's not a good idea to matola to your pal's site. We could send one box with treats for all. Paul, can you give me an address for a dip pouch? D

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Dec 9, 2006
                                    John is long gone, and Eric and can get together when either he comes to the
                                    big city, or when I go and check out the Poppy elimination Program site
                                    there....

                                    It is best to send the goodies already made.,....

                                    Address is:

                                    Paul Dever
                                    INL-NAS
                                    APO AE 09806

                                    The address looks funny, but it is a site in New York so when you mail it,
                                    you are paying postage only to New York....

                                    Pablo