Ghosts in the machine

  • John Patten
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
      Warning- Creepy ghost photos from Kandahar, please
      delete if you are squeamish, get the chills, or if it
      angries up the blood.

      So I�m sitting around the former fruit factory, former
      Russian base, and former Taliban, current American
      base one day. The soldiers have been telling stories
      of the ghosts in the guard towers, maintenance bay,
      and rooms, etc. They see lots of stuff and get freaked
      out, and the local guards are more afraid of this
      place than they are of the Taliban sympathetic
      insurgents outside, and there are places the dogs
      won�t go into, but this Sgt gives me a photo he took
      of the inside of Tower 3 to show his wife where he
      worked, etc. They take it to Wal Mart on his leave, I
      don�t think they have anything to do with it, but the
      film comes back with a Russian/Caucasian/Kazakhstan
      looking woman in a pane of glass resting on the floor.
      They, like the French and Romanians currently now,
      often flew in bar girls to compliment the cheap
      hootch. There are some mean people here, and lots of
      bad things have and continue to happen. We think she
      must have been from a Soviet country, as the rather
      unfortunate bleach blonde crop still seems to be the
      rage in Central Asia.

      I don�t think we can make this a tourist site, I mean
      it�s no Mary in a grilled cheese sandwich after all,
      she looks very dead like she died quite horribly, or
      couldn�t materialize her whole face just then, but I
      have a photoshop program and isolated and brought out
      the face. After the light adjustment her face jumped
      out and I got the chills, but the Dutch guy here, who
      is psychic, as they often are what with the red light
      district and all, says he can see her walking around
      but that she�s fairly benign. The ghost in tower four
      is kind of a dick. There still seem to be some torture
      rebar and hooks hanging around various places here or
      cemented in place.

      Anywhoo, if a ghost is really an emancipated spirit
      that has a larger perspective now, why do they just
      knock over our books, hide the keys, and not talk
      about much? Shouldn�t they be able to contribute more
      to the discussion than what is already here? If she
      would just sit down during the day and talk to me
      about what happened and what�s going on, then maybe I
      can act on it. But all this disappearing in the wall
      shit is getting old. She does seem interested in us
      and what we�re doing here. I hope she likes the d�cor
      in my creepy factory room, but not too much. I do get
      chills there and they won�t let us sleep sometimes.

      So here are the two photos, the original and my crop
      and enhancement of it. I need to get them to scan it
      on a higher resolution and try to bring it out more,
      but it came out pretty good. I don�t think it is a
      fake in light of all the stuff that goes on here and
      has in the past. Plus, they don�t seem to have high
      tech computers to do anything, and we got rocket
      attacked last night (no damage, they can't aim for
      shit and they're so expensive only one happened), so
      have better things to do. Does anyone know of a ghost
      website that I can send it to; I think it�s one of the
      better captures I�ve seen from the soldier�s photo.

      Let me know what you think,

      JP

      http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
        Interesting foto and all, but I bet if you go to www.snopes.com and send it
        to them, they will debunk it.

        www.snopes.com is an urban legends website that debunks a lot of stories,
        including the foto of that gut on the roof of the twin towers seconds before
        the crash...

        PS: Mary was found on a grilled ham and cheese sndwich, not just
        cheese.......

        Pablo del Amazonas

        PS: Anyone interested in a trip to the Amazon, let me know. We have another
        year and a half here, and the trip is fun....

        Ciao./../
      • John Patten
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2005
          Oops,

          People are writing and saying the photos did not come
          through as attachments on ujeni. I feel like the boy
          that cried wolf or ghost or something.

          Can somone tell me how did people attach their baby
          photos? Maybe I can do the same. Unless the photos
          would give you the willies.

          Thanks,
          JP

          http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250