Our next big adventure!

  • Kym Walther
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 11, 2005
      Hello all!
      Those of you who know me well, are not surprised, I'm sure,  to hear I am leaving the country...again!
      Scott and I are leaving tomorow for a two month adventure of a lifetime!!!  This all started last July at a Red Sox game, we were talking about travelling and Scott said "wanna travel around the world?"  So, of course, I said Sure!!  Well, the original pie in the sky dream got whittled down a bit, and we settled on a multi-stop airline ticket called "Circle the Pacific".  Our itinerary goes as such;
      Boston to Vancouver  overnight in Vancouver
      Vancouver to Pnom Penh, Cambodia via Hong Kong and Bankok - a few days in Cambodia
      Pnom Penh -Bankok, Thailand - 10 days in Thailand
      Bankok to Brisbane, Australia 3 weeks in Australia
      Sydney  to Christchurch NZ 10 days in NZ
      Aukland to Raratonga, Cook Islands 7 days here
      Raratonga to Papeete, Tahiti 4 days here
      PApeete Back to Boston via LA.
      We estimate that we'll be flying about 34,000 miles!!!

      We will be "backpacking", staying in hostels, and winging it as we go... This is my favorite kind of travel, and after weeks of hectic planning and packing, I'm finally ready to take off and leave Crazy America behind for a little while!!  Our plans in Thailand have been altered a bit due to the tsunamis, I have been in touch with someone I know who lives out there and we are hopefully going to be able to do a bit of relief work in an area that was hit. This is all a bit sobering, as our original itinerary put us on Phuket (one of the devistated islands) for Christmas.  We pushed the trip out a month to be home for the Holidays, and now hopefully we will be able to assist people that desperately need it.

      We will be sending out adventure updates hopefully about once a week or so, We'lll let you know what crazy shenanagans we are getting into, and we have set up an O foto account so we will upload pictures and send them along as well in a virtual photo album.

      Please keep up in your thoughts, and pray we have a fun and SAFE trip, (I know my Mom will thank you).

      Scott and I and our "lives in a backpack" are off on the next big adventure!!
      Please feel free to drop me an email, I'll love to hear how everything is at home!

      Love,
      Kym

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Holland, Mark
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005
        Hey Kym, it sounds excellent, have a wonderful time.

        Cheers,
        Mark

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 12, 2005

          Ujeni and Peace Corps Malawi, Just wanted to update everyone that I got engaged before Christmas and am planning for an October 8th wedding date.  The glorious event will happen here in the BLO at the Historical Museum.  Paul, I know you will be excited to hear the news and won't have to come after Mike after all.  Keep your fingers crossed for lovely mild weather.  Other news I am leaving for Hawaii for two weeks on Fri for a conference and relaxation.  Aloha, Melissa Spencer

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 13, 2005
            Good for you. It would have been hard to track him down from Bogota.....