Fw: Do not spend "One damn dime: on Jan 20th

  • Don & Cathy Weber
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 11, 2005
      Interesting idea!   Though it undoubtedly will have no impact, doing it will feel good.   Cathy

                      Not One Damn Dime Day - Jan 20, 2005
      >>Since our religious leaders will not speak out against the war in
      >>Iraq, since our political leaders don't have the moral courage to
      >>oppose it, Inauguration Day, Thursday, January 20th, 2005 is "Not One Damn
      >>Dime Day" in America.
      >>
      >>On "Not One Damn Dime Day" those who oppose what is happening in
      >>our name in Iraq can speak up with a 24-hour national boycott of
      >>all forms of consumer spending.
      >>
      >>During "Not One Damn Dime Day" please don't spend money. Not one
      >>damn dime for gasoline. Not one damn dime for necessities or for
      >>impulse purchases. Not one damn dime for nothing for 24 hours.
      >>
      >>On "Not One Damn Dime Day," please boycott Wal-Mart, Kmart,
      >>Target...Please don't go to the mall or the local convenience
      >>store. Please don't buy any fast food (or any groceries at all for that matter).
      >>
      >>For 24 hours, please do what you can to shut  the retail economy
      >>down. The object is simple. Remind the people in power that the war
      >>in Iraq is immoral and illegal; that they are responsible for  starting it and
      >>that it is their responsibility to stop it.
      >>
      >>"Not One Damn Dime Day" is to remind them,  too, that they work for
      >>the people of the United States of America, not for  the
      >>international corporations and K Street lobbyists who represent the corporations
      >>and funnel cash into American politics.
      >>
      >>"Not One Damn Dime Day" is about supporting the troops.  Now 1,200
      >>brave young Americans and an estimated 100,000 Iraqis have died.
      >>The politicians owe our troops a plan-- a way to come home.
      >>
      >>There's no rally to attend.  No marching to do.  No left or right
      >>wing agenda to rant about.  On "Not One Damn Dime Day" you take
      >>action by doing nothing.
      >>
      >>You open your mouth by keeping your wallet closed. For 24 hours,
      >>nothing gets spent, not one damn dime, to remind our religious
      >>leaders and our politicians of their moral responsibility to end the war in Iraq
      >>and give America back to the people.
      >>
      >>Please share this email with as many people as possible!!
      >>------ End of Forwarded Message

      Do you Yahoo!?
      Meet the all-new My Yahoo!  Try it today!

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 13, 2005
        As effective as the "Don't buy gas for a day" campaigns...People will horde
        the day before or the day after...