Re: More tsunami relief info

  • balakasue
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 5, 2005
      Sara,
      I'm glad to hear that you are okay.
      Sue

      --- In ujeni@yahoogroups.com, "Sara" <sara@f...> wrote:
      > Greetings from Thailand --
      >
      > For those of you who know me, you will probably be unsurprised to
      hear that I was in Phuket on my way to go diving last weekend when
      the tsunami hit. I was very fortunate and was not hurt, though I am
      still trying to get my head around the events and the aftermath.
      Like you, a lot of us here are struggling with how we can help after
      this disaster. Below is a letter from a friend of mine who works at
      an eco-resort on a Thai island that was devastated. They have set up
      a fund for short and long term relief for the island residents and
      will be directly administering the funds so the overhead will be
      minimal. I am going to get as involved in helping out there as I
      can, and as I find other more direct ways for people to contribute
      the relief effort, I will pass them on.